Hey there 👋🏻
Lucas and Finn here from the Partech Seed Team 🌱. The last couple of months have been very active for us, with some new additions to the Partech Seed family but also very exciting news for some of our portfolio companies. With exciting news come exciting challenges, and we need to find the best people to overcome them 🙂
Yep, that's right!
We're looking for an amazing person to join our team and help us source & invest in the best early-stage startups across Europe. This role will be an integral part of our global Seed team.
So who are we ?
Partech is a global VC firm, supporting Founders at all stages across Europe, North America, Africa and Asia. We're part of the dedicated Seed fund, focusing on backing stellar founders from Day One. We are proud early backers of companies like Alan, Jellysmack, Pennylane and Sorare, among dozens of others in the making.
We are Alison 🤓, Jessica 🧠, Boris 🗣, Finn 😶🌫️ , Jai 🕺🏽, Lucas 🍺 , Nicolas 🥷🏽 & Romain 😎. We're a team of people with an entrepreneurial mindset and addicted to seeing people design, craft and build enormous businesses out of ideas.
We believe our culture and values define who we are
- ⭐ Founders first: our job is to support our founders to win, they are the stars.
- ✊🏽 One team, low ego: we are one team behind every single founder & decision of ours.
- 🚩 Safe zone for conflicting thoughts: we invite everyone to share & defend contrarian stances.
- 🌍 Think bigger: improving our team processes, striving for excellence every single day.
- (Oh and of course, we really like to spend some quality time together 😍)
This is your opportunity to shine 🦾
- 🇪🇺 Help us find the next European unicorns : Hunt for the best startups across Europe, analyse and challenge their business models, test their products and help us partner with them !
- 🌍 Get exposed to the boiling European startup ecosystem : Learn from the best entrepreneurs, angels, industry experts, build relationships and develop your own network, organise your events, create your community !
- 🤖 Build robust deep tech expertise: Become the go-to person in the team on everything related to deep tech, AI, dev tools and web 3.0. Build your own knowledge base, research, analyse and unbundle industries to create your own thesis on these specific topics.
- 📈 Help us build the future of Partech seed : For us it's always Day One, we're an established fund but a seed team with an entrepreneurial mindset. We're humble learners, we like to challenge our ideas and keep on hustling to build the future of our team (new tools, processes, etc.).
- 🔥 Come and help us build a leader on the European seed market ! 🔥
So who are you ? 😍
We don’t believe that there is a “one size fits all” way to get into VC. We are looking for people with the following sensitivity:
- 🤓 Curious & tech-savvy: you love technology and you are passionate about dev tools, AI, infrastructure, blockchain… Your curiosity knows no limits.
- 🦄 Hustler with a flair: you can find the best companies ahead of the market, quickly assess their potential, filter them accordingly and make your way to help the team partner with best the best founders.
- 👊🏼 Proactive do-er: we look for people with autonomy, self-reliance but leveraging the team when necessary.
- ⛹🏼 Humble team player: we win and lose as a team, so we look for people with a true team spirit. You are able to debate and embrace working in an international and multicultural team.
- 🕸 Network builder: you love people, and people love you! You can easily build relationships with people, you enjoy networking and you want to develop our brand across Europe.
- 🥷🏽 Rigorous organizer: you love smooth, time-sensitive and efficient processes (and you know ways to improve them).
Ideally, you are also:
- Exposed to and experienced on deep tech, AI, dev tools, web 3.0 among others
- You have a prior experience as an entrepreneur, as an operator in a startup or as a VC (2y+) with a strong passion for the tech ecosystem.
- Fluent in English, French is not required.
- Based in Paris or able to spend at least 1-2 weeks per month with us in Paris.
What we have to offer 🎁
- Flexible/remote team: Covid hast taught us to be much more flexible and agile as a team. We will keep the advantages of a remote, digital-first team culture post-pandemic.
- Competitive salary
- Really cool perks: Alan health insurance, Epsor employee saving scheme, 50% refund on public transportation, lunch vouchers, on-site free fruits and snacks, amazing off-sites, super cool people to work with !
- Amazing office in the city center of Paris (when you are around) 🤓 👇🏼
Process from here:
- Please consider this link for a handing in your application. You will be directed to our amazing candidate assessment tool (and amazing portfolio company) which invites you to answer a few basic questions (problem solving and brief case study). We promise to be quick ✌🏽
- Call with Lucas and/or Finn 📞
- Individual call with the rest of the European team: Alison, Boris and Romain 📞📞