AirTree is looking for a full-time Management accountant to join our team!
Based in Sydney, we’re one of the largest and most active venture capital funds in Australia and New Zealand. If you join us, you’ll get to work with many of the most exciting startups in our region including Canva, Linktree, A Cloud Guru, Go1, Secure Code Warrior, Athena, Brighte, Qwilr, Joyous - and the list goes on!
We’re a down-to-earth team with a diverse set of backgrounds but the same passion: startups and technology. Our mission is to find and back the best Aussie and Kiwi founders and help them achieve their audacious visions. We are committed to building a world class VC platform in Australia. This is an opportunity to get involved early, help shape AirTree and make an impact on our region’s tech ecosystem.
We’ve written a lot about what we do at AirTree, check out our blog and our team bios.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent position.
Your primary role will be to ensure that AirTree’s accounting function is run efficiently to ensure an excellent experience for all of our stakeholders, including Investors, Partners, Founders, regulatory advisors and the broader AirTree team.
You’ll work closely with our Partner Helen, and our Senior Accountant, Katie.
What you’ll do
- Ownership of accounts payable process - reviewing and inputting invoices, preparing payments and reconciling cash transactions in Xero.
- Responsibilities for timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursement, purchase and company card payments.
- Maintain fortnightly cashflow forecast for management entities and improve cash forecasting process to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Month-end closing tasks, including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, journal posting, and reviewing financial statements for accuracy.
- Preparation of monthly management reports tracking financial performance against budget.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting processes, including preparing and reviewing budgets and identifying variances.
- Participate in annual audit reports, closely liaising with external auditors.
- Prepare Annual income tax calculations and work with external tax advisors.
- Process monthly payroll for all employees, including calculating and entering payroll data, verifying time records, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Work closely with the Head of P&C to ensure the accuracy of employee data and updates to employee records.
- Compliance - working closely with the team and Compliance officer to help ensure that AirTree is always compliant with policies and regulations, including AFSL, AML/KYC.
- Process improvement - we always look for ways to improve and streamline our processes.
- Assisting Operations and Finance with ad hoc tasks where required
- Ideally, you will have 3-5 years of experience as an accountant, especially in running day-to-day finance operations such as management accounts, payroll, reconciliations, bookkeeping,
- Strong technical accountant.
- Experience with Xero helps.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments where plans can change quickly.
- Take pride in getting things done accurately regardless of constraints, you’re always up for learning new things.
AirTree’s headquarter is based in Sydney, with a thriving office culture. Our team enjoys a flexible (with WFH days), supportive and family-friendly work environment.
We also offer:
- 5 weeks of leave: 4 weeks annual leave plus 1 bonus week of lifestyle and well-being leave
- An annual budget for your training & self-development
- A range of health and wellness benefits including EAP, mental health first aid training, skin checks, flu vaccines and more.
We celebrate and value diversity and are committed to being equitable and inclusive in the way
we hire and in the way our team works together.
Therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you fit all of the criteria
we've mentioned above. All our roles involve a range of skill sets and we recognise that
everyone has different strengths and experiences that can add lots of value to our team.
How to apply?
Submit your CV and cover letter via LinkedIn/Workable by 24th March 2023 5 pm AEDT.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a task, and we’ll select a smaller group for video/in-person interviews with the AirTree team.
We hope to finish the process by mid-April and have you working with us as soon as possible after that.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Apply for this job