Sixty Degree Capital is a premier venture-growth equity fund based in Toronto, Canada. We invest in Series A to Pre-IPO companies in North America, across software innovation, digital infrastructure, biotech and pharma.
We are hiring a full-time professional to join our firm in Toronto, Canada.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and guidance in the day-to-day management of investment operations functions
- Partner with colleagues from the Investment Departments, Tax, Investment Governance, Risk and Treasury to successfully setup and fund transactions by proactively identifying and resolving operational issues
- Ensure timely completion and accuracy of various reports and reconciliations relating to benchmarking, portfolio holdings and P&L at monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist in the review of financial statements, note disclosures and management reports to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as providing valuable insights and commentary
- Assist in the quarterly/ annual valuation process for private equity investments; provide insightful valuation analysis to proactively identify material valuation movements
- Provide intuitive analysis of operational or business issues and provide direction in determining corrective action; promptly escalate irregular activities or issues
- Maintain an ongoing effective working relationship with internal investment staff and external GPs to ensure issues are discussed and resolved and financial controls and reporting requirements are met
- Act as a subject matter expert in the private investments domain for issues related to investment operations, distribution calculation and portfolio valuation.
- Make sure the accuracy and security of important documents of investment, especially legal instruments, to avoid legal pitfalls.
- Continually strive for operational excellence; seek ways to streamline processes, create operational efficiencies and foster a culture of continuous improvement, enhanced controls, and data integrity
- Ensure process documentation is kept up to date
- Prioritize workload in a timely fashion to meet deadlines
What you’ll get:
- Purpose: we use venture capital as the way to remove the barrier between now and future
- Founders: we work with some of the smartest, most passionate, most interesting founders in the world
- Investors: we partner with top tier venture capital investors globally to find the next big thing
- Team: we are a group of curious people learning on a day-to-day basis
- Degree in Finance, Economics, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial industry work experience, at least 2-year hands-on experience of managing PE/VC fund.
- Holds CFA or is working towards CFA designation.
- Strong analytical, financial and management accounting skills will be necessary to perform this role.
- Ability to manage and analyze investment data using Excel (Advanced Excel), PowerBI, SharePoint and Backstop (training will be provided).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach a high performing team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of compliance policy, legal entities establishment and tax filing of fund investments in North America.
- Tech savvy is considered as an asset, such as knowledge of Python, Excel VBA.
Should you need accommodation during recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.