Tekfen Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm based in New York City. We back visionary founders pursuing bold transformations in the legacy industries that build, feed and supply our growing world. We believe the solutions to our grandest challenges will come in many forms, so we invest in innovation across the spectrum of technologies - software, hardware, and life sciences. To date, we've invested in 12 category-leading businesses leveraging emerging technology to modernize the foundational industries we depend on.
Our team is small but dynamic and thrives on collaborating both internally and externally with our parent organization, portfolio companies, and broader network of partners. We are currently looking for an industrious and versatile summer intern to bolster our investment activities and overall fund operations. Whilst prior venture experience is not a must, we hope to find someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a background in and deep curiosity for our target sectors – agriculture, manufacturing, construction, real-estate, and energy
This role is either in remote or located in our Manhattan-based office and will run for a duration of between 8-10 weeks.
- Conduct market research on areas of focus within technology businesses disrupting the way we feed, build and supply our population: areas include supply chain analytics, building materials and construction processes, warehouse and shipyard logistics, inventory management, advanced materials, energy and energy alternatives/renewables, and more
- Develop and deliver research in either presentation or written form— as it either pertains to investment opportunities or vertical insights
- Participate and contribute to weekly team operations and meetings
- Screen new pitch decks and help with due diligence
- Conduct hands-on problem solving
- Participate in events and meetings that built the Tekfen Ventures ecosystem of either founders or co-investors
- Passion about our vision and ethos, as well your own personal beliefs— we are energized by individual and unique thought-leadership
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of our target sectors, but mostly an insatiable curiosity as it relates to startups in our space
- High proficiency in enterprise platforms such as G-suite, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Suite, etc.
- Proactive problem solving attitude, with an ability to work independently and resourcefully
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bonus points for someone passionate about visual arts, digital media, creative tooling, web development