Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
We are looking for a Compensation Partner to join the a16z Compensation team. The compensation partner will be a part of our Human Resources team with a focus on our internal compensation programs. You will be partnering closely with other internal HR teams in building out and managing programs within the firm.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and maintain various complex models to support the company’s compensation programs
- Maintain job leveling infrastructure, compensation banding with market practices and support implementation in partnership with the Human Resources team
- Support our hiring process by using third party survey data and our internal job leveling guide
- Keep up to date with ongoing pay transparency laws and regulations
- Support annual merit cycles
- Partner with our HR Operations team to ensure compensation data and programs are accurate and develop processes to update data specific to compensation
- Partner with HRBPs and recruiting to proactively define levels and associated compensation ranges for new roles
- Monitor external year over year market data trends to proactively provide insight to the compensation team on potential impact to compensation programs and processes, including pay transparency and market data changes
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with colleagues on the Human Resources and Finance teams
- 2-4 years of Compensation consulting experience or Compensation Analyst experience within a company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to leverage data to build dynamic models that will inform recommendations and decisions on program design and process improvements
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop effective relationships and inspire trust and confidence with cross-functional peers on teams including Recruiting, HR Operations, HRBPs, and Payroll
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Support multiple projects with data and analysis through completion on time and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team's success
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $147,000-$171,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win