Growth Warrior Capital invests at Seed and Series A in dangerous technology companies led by diverse and female founders, building platforms that fundamentally change the way we work, earn, and build wealth.
We are a team of operators advancing the funding landscape for women and founders of color, grounded in our Managing Partner Promise Phelon’s 20 years as a founder and exec in Silicon Valley.
As we continue deploying, we are seeking a manager to build and run our platform function. This role is suited to super generalists, who are energized by working with founders, co-investors, LPs, and ecosystem players.
- Collaborate with Chief of Staff to bring our Alpha Playbook to life - codify our startup operating experience as a “guide” for our portcos
- Strategize and execute events for founders and investors in important markets
- Establish our presence in Austin and around Texas as a fund that founders and investors want to work with
- Contribute to marketing and comms efforts, internally and externally
- Develop relationships with partners/vendors, talent, and corporate customers that are suitable for our portcos; act like a matchmaker between what our founders need and your relationships
- Enhance our CRM to mine for customers and talent for portcos
- Help build our Venture Partner model
- Support COS with daily operations
Who we're looking for:
- Experience in tech and/or VC
- Familiarity with and relationships within the Austin / TX startup ecosystem
- Understand how founders work, and speak their language
- Get sh*t done attitude — we are small and we work hard
- Ability to work independently, from strategy to execution, but know when to ask for help
- Deep understanding of the funding landscape for diverse and female founders — bonus points for coming with a thesis about what’s working/what’s not
- Program management and writing skills are critical in this role, business development/sales experience is a plus
- Values: proactivity, bring a strong POV, no fear, commitment to driving change through capitalism, take ownership of your projects, be energetic, be effective, be memorable
What success looks like:
Deliver a repeatable model for driving alpha:
- Operationalizing how we connect our portcos to other sources of capital (e.g., co-invest, banks, debt, factoring/revenue-based financing)
- Impacting revenue and ARR, by identifying key customers in our network and devising how we make connections at scale
- Help our companies exceed their raise targets —> oversubscribed in follow-on rounds
- Portcos can rely on us for talent they need, as well as data they need (e.g., comp models and benchmarks)
Ultimately, we want this person (and the platform function) to drive higher valuations for our portcos.
This role is based in Austin, TX. We primarily work from home but spend a lot of time on the ground in the community. We will have in-office days in the future.