SFC Capital is a leading early-stage investment firm providing capital and support to British startups. By combining its Angel Network and Seed Funds, SFC has created a unique model that allows investors to get exposure to SEIS and EIS eligible businesses, either directly or through a diversified portfolio curated and managed by our expert team. Backed by an impeccable track record and recognised by Pitchbook as the UK's most active VC, SFC has partnered with the likes of British Business Investments to bring innovation forward.
We are currently looking for a new team member who can cover a new position within the company of Portfolio Executive that will be acting on behalf of the Fund Manager and reporting directly to the CEO.
The primary objective of this role is to monitor companies from our existing portfolio on behalf of the Fund Manager, this will include:
- Introducing founders to the best practises of corporate governance, responding to their queries post-investment, assisting them with important events such as new funding rounds, winding down or mergers and acquisitions.
- Managing collection of post-investment documents,
- Reviewing documentation and advising Fund Manager on consequences of decisions that require shareholders’ consent.
- Managing process of documents approval (collection of signatures from the Fund Manager).
- Monitoring trading status of companies at Companies House and other dedicated sources, monitoring and reviewing reports coming from investee businesses, raising issues that require Fund Manager action or attention.
- Reporting to the Fund Manager and the CEO on general portfolio health.
- Advising SFC Deals Team on investments into the best performers.
- Advising SFC Investor Services team on investor reporting details.
- Eloquence, excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in the venture world and investment management.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite.
- Well-organised, independent, responsible, pro-active, dynamic, and friendly.
- Able to set priorities.
- Ready to travel for business meetings.
- Understanding of basic financial documents (profit & loss account, balance sheet, cashflow forecast).
- Able to review long documents with attention and understanding, able to ask questions when needed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in client facing role is a plus.
- Educational background in accounting & finance or/and corporate/VC law will be an advantage.
- Ready to learn.
- Full time employment with initial training.
- Flexible working hours and working patterns (combination of work from home and from office).
- Friendly, dynamic, and diversified environment.
We are looking for a person that can bring transferable skills and passion for early-stage Venture Capital world. You don’t have to be a perfect candidate, but you need to be interested in the role, willing to learn, and able to take responsibility and initiative. In return you will be offered the best working environment that allows to balance work and private life, you will be engaged in the entire cycle of startup investing and able to observe a life cycle of a business. As you grow into the role, you can expect that your salary will grow too. A candidate who will be able to become a driving force behind SFC Capital will be also offered shares options in the Company.