TDK Ventures is seeking a deeply technical and highly effective program manager to support its portfolio of entrepreneurs. The Portfolio Program Associate will apply deep technical knowledge, partnerships building, and program management skills to the core investment areas of focus for TDK Ventures in Renewable Energy, Materials Technologies, Cleantech, Industry 5.0, Mobility, Computing & Connectivity and Healthtech. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an industry recognized, top-tier Corporate Venture Capital fund in Silicon Valley. TDK Ventures continues to pioneer corporate venturing with “TDK Goodness” to entrepreneurs in the deep-tech space.
Reporting to Portfolio Program Manager, the Portfolio Program Associate will work closely with the TDK Ventures team, to engage with startups all around the world, understand deeply their key technologies and solutions and support detailed exploration of collaborative synergies with global TDK teams and assist in program management of the projects from start to finish. The goal is to explore, identify, secure, and track mutual value creation between the startups and TDK. This position’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Secure true win-win engagements between startups and TDK teams, and key partners and potentials customers when appropriate.
- Engage with our portfolio companies to deeply understand the different and differentiated elements of technology being developed into products by the startups, their technology roadmap and product timelines, and their short and long-term needs.
- Develop and document solid knowledge of TDK’s core competencies, businesses, technology roadmap, partnership requirements, and paint points across the various TDK business groups, to explore and identify synergistic opportunities with startups.
- Support Portfolio Program Manager in timely development of compelling presentations to our Investment Committee on potential and identified synergies.
- Build and grow strategic partnerships between portfolio companies and TDK teams with pro-active program management, timely documentation of project status, next steps and timely follow-ups to bring highly valued TDK goodness.
- Constantly explore business development opportunities and technology infusion between startups and TDK and keeping programs and projects moving forward.
- Support Portfolio Program Manager in timely updates to TDK Ventures Portfolio companies’ briefings.
- Capture key learnings and apply them to continuously improve the program management process and share best practices with TDK Ventures team.
- Support Portfolio Program Manager in other activities as needed
Having a keen sense of curiosity, willingness to learn, collaborative spirit, ability to prioritize tasks, superior time management and being results oriented are critical requirements to succeed in this job. Candidates for this position should also possess the following:
- 7-10 years of combined experience working in a technical field and or technical program management. Investment portfolio programs experience would be a huge plus
- A technical degree is required, preferably a Ph.D. or similar in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences with a successful academic and professional track record
- Demonstrated experience in program management, delivering deep technology solutions
- Proven ability to forge partnerships, collaborations between internal networks and external partners and customers and a track record of achieving results through collaboration and teamwork
- Meticulous attention to detail, analytic ability to draw and document useful insights that can produce actionable results.
- Ability to distil complex technical information and put it in simple words and excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Self-starter personality with superior work ethic, accountability, team mentality and uncompromising personal integrity
- Capable of working independently as well as within a global team environment collaboratively
This position is based in San Jose, CA or Boston, MA and the starting annual base pay for this role is between USD 116,000 and 160,000 for. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, work location, market demands, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for variable bonus programs and benefits.
TDK Ventures offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, vacation, paid holidays and more.