ABOUT PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
Our investment and value-creation process is unique. We augment traditional fundamental analysis with cutting-edge financial science and deep operating experience to consistently deliver extraordinary returns for our investing clients.
For our portfolio companies, we apply decades of experience to make investment decisions and provide operational guidance. Repeatable processes and deep data insights allow us to find and capture the best investment opportunities and offer cutting-edge tools and resources to our portfolio companies to catalyze growth.
ABOUT THE PORTFOLIO REPORTING MANAGER ROLE
At Panoramic Ventures, data is essential to all we do. We hire intelligent and driven individuals who value teamwork and trust, extending this mentality to positively impact portfolio companies in a constant search to drive portfolio company value. We’re looking for a full-time Portfolio Reporting Manager to join our Performance Engineering team. This person balances research skills, financial expertise, resourcefulness, and vision. Their expertise ensures we capture more information faster, so we can best serve our portfolio companies and our investors.
You will have broad responsibilities ranging from:
• Understanding market trends and impacts
• Tracking the performance of our portfolio companies
• Using data to support portfolio valuations
• Reporting accurate and complete information to our investors
• Maintaining process discipline around data capture and data integrity
• Creating analysis and visualizations that fuel actionable insights
Throughout these efforts you will create valuable connections across Panoramic’s ecosystem that are critical for company growth.
CHARACTERISTICS OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
As a Portfolio Reporting Manager, you will help with the acquisition, ingestion, quality control, and reporting of data in a HANDS-ON and creative role. You will gain firsthand exposure to venture capital, alternative investing, and data analysis - from working in partnership with early through growth stage companies to capture financials and key KPIs to seeing performance data come to life in investor presentations and reporting. This role requires a close partnership with numerous functions within the organization, including investment, technology, marketing, finance, value engineering, and fundraising, as well as with our growing number of portfolio companies.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Capture monthly performance data by working closely with our investment team and portfolio company leadership
• Onboard new portfolio companies, orienting them to reporting requirements (the why and the what) and establishing monthly compliance
• Partner with our Finance Team to ensure data availability and accuracy to facilitate portfolio valuations
• Continuously improve reporting and visibility into performance, trends, and predictive analytics to guide strategic decisions
• Partner with our Technology Team to design, improve, and implement proprietary technology solutions
• Over time, develop and manage a team to support the growing data and analytical needs of the organization REQUIRED
Education and Experience
• BS or BA Required
• Master's Degree in Finance, Data Analytics, Statistics or other related field of study preferred
• Candidates should have 4+ years of total work experience working in quantitative or analytical role, preferably in technology or consulting
• Experience in reviewing and understanding financial statements and key financial metrics
• Demonstrated ability to build and/or manage a team is preferred
• Experience in statistics, machine learning, and predictive modeling is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong command of financial reporting with a demonstrated ability to solve problems using data
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain data and relationships intuitively to technical and non-technical audiences
• Results oriented with attention to detail
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills used to consume and analyze data across multiple applications
• Ability to prioritize and manage different projects and tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, working successfully both independently and in teams
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
Traits of Success
• Drive to succeed complimented by empathy, curiosity, and humbleness
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
• Effective, versatile, and action-oriented when it comes to problem-solving
• Passion for early-stage startups and technology trends
ABOUT PANORAMIC VENTURES
Panoramic Ventures is a dynamic venture capital firm based in Atlanta, GA. Over the last 17 years, Panoramic has driven industry-leading returns (27.1% annualized net return as of 12/31/21) while its funds have shown remarkable consistency. The firm manages over $1.1 Billion in client assets and is growing rapidly.
For more on Panoramic Ventures, please visit www.panoramic.vc.