SE Ventures is accelerating its investment pace and expanding its team
SE Ventures is a Menlo Park based, $600M venture fund backed by Schneider Electric, a global leader in energy management and industrial automation. Structured as a hybrid corporate VC, with aligned financial incentives, SEV invests in 10-15 category defining startups each year, combining its sweat, grit and hustle with the capital and market reach of Schneider Electric to maximize value add and ultimate outcome for its founders. SEV is focused on early and growth stage investments in companies that help make any kind of built environment (homes, commercial buildings, data centers, factories etc.) more energy efficient and/or more automated and to date has over 30 portfolio companies across the world.
We are looking to expand our investment team with the addition of a Principal.
- Proactive deal scouting and sourcing across all our investment areas
- Conduct due diligence for prospective investments (including ones sourced by partners in the fund)
- Actively participate on portfolio company boards and help them accelerate
- Lead sector deep dives to uncover interesting investment opportunities and work with team on both primary and secondary market research
- Help shape periodic presentations to senior executives in Schneider Electric
- Attend startup and industry events across North America, Western Europe and Israel (and likely beyond!)
- Consider the above as the floor and not the ceiling. You will always have the freedom to experiment with new ideas and increase your scope of work as long as you continue to deliver on your core responsibilities.
The right candidate will be:
- Analytical and open-minded: We have a strong preference for someone with high intellectual horsepower who can synthesize complex data into simple insights and wouldn’t hesitate to question conventional wisdom.
- A natural communicator and networker: We are looking for someone who has the poise and social skills to have quality one-on-one interactions and cultivate durable relationships with startup CEOs and corporate executives.
- Hungry and humble: We are proud of the strong collaborative culture at SE Ventures and are searching for a team player who is eager to succeed but also very easy to work with.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a top university
- 5+ years of experience with 2–5 years in venture capital
- Technical mindset and a demonstrated passion for figuring out how things work
- Ability to work in Menlo Park office minimum 2 days/week as public health mandates allow