Kinship Ventures is a unique team of seasoned entrepreneurs, founders, and investors with a deep knowledge of consumer technology (e.g. edtech, healthtech), high tech growth, and CPG (Beauty, Essentials, Wellness & Food). Together, the founders have a track record of being at the forefront of emerging categories and opportunities. We are bringing diversity and inclusion to the cap table by way of our Zeitgeist-appropriate approach to capitalism. We are deploying our access to include voices that have been largely marginalized as well as those that have the audience to transform businesses.
Currently, we are a small team of under 5 people, with rapid growth. We are looking to add exceptional people with a background in investment/finance/business development who are looking to make a difference in the investing and advisory world.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Overview: Kinship Ventures is looking for a Principal to provide high-level, hands-on administrative and project management support, analytics, and modeling. If you are proactive, goal-oriented, and looking for the opportunity to help build companies at the early and later stages, this position is right for you. Principal at Kinship Ventures is a multi-faceted role in a high-paced environment with a constant flow of opportunities and initiatives that need to be maintained and managed. The role is hands on and will have a seat at the table.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Builds and runs cadence for leadership meetings, including structuring and leading company-wide communication
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the partners
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Acts as an extension of the Partners information funnel, filter, and facilitator with internal and external stakeholders
- Assess all inquiries directed to the Partners, determine priority and the proper course of action
- Act as the point of contact for the Partners’ direct reports. Work collaboratively with the Partners’ Executive Assistants to ensure his/her calendar is aligned with the priorities of the organization
- Proactively follow up with the Partners’ teams if and when goals are not being achieved to determine why objectives are not being met. Provide actionable recommendations for improvement
- Promote team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Manage key relationships and build a process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, and clients
- Track high-priority initiatives for the Partners to identify any/potential obstacles
- Serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor to Partners standing in on meetings, challenging ideas and offering a different perspective, and following up on action items with the team accordingly
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and options to the Partners regarding high-impact decisions
- Set growth targets and develop/manage campaigns to achieve them
- Contribute to the Identification of short and long-term issues to be addressed providing information and data pertinent to key decisions and recommending options and courses of action
- Prepare term sheets/offer letters in advance of outreach.
- Support the SVP to analyze, prepare analysis, and get to the term sheet/proposal stage on these deals before working with the GC to close these deals
- Growing the core business operations
- Lead outreach, negotiation, closing, and deal socialization and operationalizing once deals have been closed
- Venture Capital, Private Equity, or Corporate VC portfolio management experience a plus
- Ability to take lead on projects and think strategically
- Quantitative nature with the ability to translate numbers into words.
- Interest in developing systems to help automate reporting/analytics and put more data directly in the hands of business users.
- Continuously tries to build better data organization and operational improvements.
- Excellent communication skills (in person, over video, written, and over the phone).
- Works autonomously and takes initiative to get things done
- Consulting, CPG, Investing, Investment banking, Entertainment background a requirement
Kinship Ventures culture:
- We are bringing diversity and inclusion to the cap table by way of our Zeitgeist-appropriate approach to capitalism. We are deploying our privilege to include voices that have been largely marginalized. This includes notable LPs who identify as minorities.
- We take a long view of relationships because we are in the relationship business
- We believe EQ is as important as IQ, understanding how to read the room and being an active listener is a must
At Kinship Ventures, we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.