True Growth Capital (TGC) is a Berlin, Germany, based investor.
We are positioned at the intersection of angel, family office and venture capital.
Our partners are some of the leading entrepreneurs in Germany.
TGC follows a multi asset investment structure:
- Venture Capital: Equity investments (Early Stage or Pre-IPO) --> check out our portfolio on truegrowth.de
- Venture Capital: Debt investments (Early to Growth Stage)
- VC Incubation / Company Building
- Real Estate Investments
- Other alternative asset strategies (LP stakes, PE etc).
As part of a successfully completed fundraise for one of our venture funds, we are looking for a principal in startup debt investments.
In this role, you will be responsible for our debt-like investments in fields like venture debt and revenue-based finance. You will have the option to move up to managing partner very quickly and take on long-term leadership of the fund.
This is a very fast-paced role with significant responsibility and decision-making authority. You will get exposure to a broad range of investment-related topics and actively build and grow an existing, well-functioning venture fund. The fund is financed by large private and institutional investors, has a strong brand and 7-digit AUM.
To master this challenge, you need to be good at and have fun selling non-dilutive financing options to founders and LPs alike. We are not looking for an analyst, but for a partner mindset.
- You will source new deals from a variety of channels, from databases to events
- Further development of deal sourcing channels, with a special view on active sourcing and friendly investor landscape
- Representing the firm at (virtual) industry events, coffee chats, founder meetings etc
- You are fully responsible for executing and closing transactions yourself, according to
- Evaluating a wide range of pitches
- Conducting diligence on promising deals, researching markets, forming your opinion
- Close deals, handle legal work, pay out the investment, celebrate together with the founders!
- Manage and support your portfolio, and handle the occasional crisis from time to time…
- Handle payments and contracting / work jointly with service providers and your team.
- Work together with the anchor LPs on developing the fund
- Prepare and manage all investor communication, including investment committee and approval processes
- Manage the legal setup and LP relations
- Scale AUM through raising further funds from private and institutional investors
- Research, outreach, pitch, convince new LPs together with your team
- Be the face of the company, handle PR and marketing requests
- Be a thought leader, develop new investment strategies and position our vehicle as an European leader in alternative venture financing
- Further develop the investment thesis/guidelines for the existing model
- Build your team, scale operations and technology
- Professional Mindset. Minimum 1 year of professional experience in a high growth environment: venture operations or venture capital, consulting and i-banking (but please have a credible "why you want to go into venture..." :-))
- Strong interest in and understanding of startups and venture capital, solid understanding of incentives and dynamics for funds, founders and possible alternatives to equity capital
- Strong communication skills, natural ability to speak & sell
- Senior appearance, you will communicate mostly with CEOs
- Efficiency, but also diligence. You are managing millions of Euros but also your time :-)
- Motivation and ability to work and build up a team independently
- Fluency in German and English
- An unmatched opportunity. You join, and soon lead, a cash-producing investment fund whose growth you can shape based on your own strategic vision
- Total freedom and responsibilty. Take on partner-level responsiblity in a venture fund and open up debt-like investments as a new asset class in VC
- A-Level Support. Access to experienced partners and resources within True Growth, while still retaining full independence. It's your baby!
- Competitive Package. We hate trade-offs and will incentivize you to stay for the long term.
- Your own schedule. This is a highly demanding role! Yet you will always be flexible to choose, when, how and with whom you work. If you want to work onsite, we have a great office in central Berlin.
We are looking forward to meeting you! We are quick, direct and value personal interaction during the process.