Tech Square Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. We partner with visionary entrepreneurs and help them with what they need most – access to markets and customers. As one of the largest and most active seed funds in the Southeast, we aim to be the top destination for enterprise and marketplace technology startups. The firm also invests through the Engage corporate venture and go-to-market accelerator program in partnership with 14 category-leading Fortune 1000 corporations and Georgia Tech. Our platform is built on a strategic network of innovation ecosystem, corporate, and university relationships that help founders inform and accelerate go-to-market strategies.
For more about Tech Square Ventures please visit www.techsquareventures.com.
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a full-time Principal to join our investment team. The Principal will help lead our early-stage fund’s investing activity focused on seed-stage enterprise and marketplace technology startups. In this role, you will work closely with our Partners and the investment team in driving all aspects of investments, including investment strategy, sourcing, diligence, investing, and accelerating the growth of the portfolio companies we invest in.
- Leverage your network for targeted outreach and to nurture relationships with founders, investors, and other ecosystem partners to source, evaluate, and close investments in seed-stage enterprise and marketplace technology startups
- Represent Tech Square Ventures and Engage in the ecosystem through events, marketing, and community building
- Think strategically and learn about target investment sectors to develop investment theme, category, and market trend points of view. Conduct research and prepare reports on companies, industry sectors, and investment themes.
- Lead comprehensive diligence on potential investments including team, market, go-to-market, operational, financial diligence, and financial modeling to support an investment decision
- Prepare investment memos, presentations, and investment recommendations to the Partners for prospective investments
- Lead and support term negotiations, deal structuring, and investment execution
- Lead or support working groups with corporate executives, Georgia Tech, and domain experts to translate our corporate partners strategic focus areas into actionable sourcing and investment strategies
- Work directly with management teams to help Partners provide ongoing portfolio management and assistance including board, go-to-market strategy and execution, customer acquisition, hiring support, and project-based work for existing portfolio companies
- Provide portfolio monitoring and fund administration support
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience. Prior experience in high-growth startup leadership, corporate development, investment banking, technology, venture capital, or consulting is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in a challenging and changing environment
- Intellectually curious and passionate about startups, innovative tech, and venture capital
- Exceptional problem solving, qualitative, and quantitative analytical skills
- Experience in financial modeling, diligence, valuation work, supporting or making investment recommendations, or working with or in a high-growth startup environment is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and communicate conviction in your viewpoints. Not afraid to challenge others’ perspectives and welcoming of the same.
- Enjoys meeting and connecting new people and ecosystem building.
- Alignment with Tech Square Ventures core values of Service and Stewardship
- Self-directed, collaborative team player with strong work ethic and the ability to build trust with others. This role will work out of our Atlanta office and must be available for travel.