Alumni Ventures is seeking a full-time, experienced venture Principal to contribute to the investment activities of one of our Funds. Reporting to the Managing Partner, this role is instrumental for sourcing, evaluating, and cultivating relationships with potential portfolio companies and industry peers. As Principal, you will significantly influence the quality of deals and co-investing opportunities and play an integral role in shaping a valuable strategic portfolio in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Engage with key players in the startup ecosystem to broaden our network.
- Source and assess potential deals through outreach to venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, incubators, and other stakeholders.
- Guide deal sources and prospective companies on our investment process, while nurturing professional relationships.
- Lead the preparation and distribution of due diligence materials.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of each investment opportunity, including discussions with company teams, competitors, and customers.
- Recruit, train, and manage interns/fellows for deal outreach and research support.
- Present investment opportunities, field questions from the Managing Partner and Limited Partners, and coordinate Investment Committee meetings.
- Oversee and update our company database, continually monitoring prospect status.
- Assist with investor relations and potential investor outreach as needed.
- Supervise administrative tasks and recommend process and product improvements.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or other advanced degrees preferred.
- 1-5 years of venture capital experience, supplemented by 7-10 years of overall work experience
- Exceptional research and analytical skills.
- Professional demeanor complemented by a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrable interest in entrepreneurship, emerging companies, and new technologies.
- Proven experience in conducting company research and due diligence.
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects concurrently.
- Effective communicator with excellent listening and sales skills.
- Adept at networking and growing deal identification systems.
- Highly organized yet able to focus on the broader strategy.
- Self-motivated, good team player, and capable manager.
- Quick learner with a creative problem-solving mindset.
- Proficiency in database management and technical platforms is a strong advantage.
AV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants for employment, interns and fellows without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family care status, religion, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, results of genetic testing, service in the military or any other legally protected class. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, social and recreational programs and training.