Salary: $70K - $85K + super + equity + carry in the funds
Location: This is a remote role, but preference for the person to be based in Melbourne, Sydney or Auckland for occasional in-person events. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland
Closing: 11:59pm, 19th Mar 2023 AEDT
Mission Statement for Role
Startmate exists to make Australia and New Zealand the best place in the world to build a startup.
As part of this, we’re building and supercharging the richest community of startup operators in ANZ.
One of our core goals is to not just bring new talent into the ecosystem, but to nurture and accelerate current startup operators. We do this through partnering with inspirational subject matter experts and working with them to design and deliver world-class, community-centric upskilling programs. By collaborating with domain experts, we are able to deliver a trajectory-shifting experience whilst scaling our impact.
In this role, you'll collaborate with our partners to bring a suite of high impact programs to life. You’ll lead the design and build of these to attract and develop exceptional startup talent. And, you’ll help foster the broader Startmate family so that they continue to gain significant value through the community.
On top of this, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to learn from these industry leaders and level up your personal expertise every single day!
Role Scope: Your Responsibilities
- Responsibility 1: Program Strategy & Execution
- Description: You’ll lead the strategy and execution of Startmate programs in collaboration with our partners, keeping the community experience and program objectives top of mind. This will include working closely with the program partner to build out the program design and curriculum.
- Example: You’ll own the selection, onboarding, program design (in collaboration with the expert partner), facilitation, community engagement, and post-program execution.
- Responsibility 2: Program partner management
- Description: Our program partners are subject-matter experts in their field. For our partner programs, the expert designs the program curriculum and delivers the content, and Startmate handles the logistics, operations, outreach and community management.
- You’ll be responsible for managing partner relationships, and guiding them through the partner lifecycle to design, develop and deliver an incredible program for our community.
- Responsibility 3: Community management & engagement
- Description: Typically, all programs will be linked to a specific community within Startmate. You’ll be responsible for engaging, managing and growing this community and championing them within Startmate.
- These programs will effectively do two things: (a) bring new people into the community, (b) re-engage existing community members, with a heavy emphasis on the (b).
- More broadly, one of the main objectives you will work toward is ‘Community For Life’, where you’ll be responsible for ideating and leading ongoing initiatives for the growing community.
- Community Superhero - You are the custodian of these communities, and have a deep understanding of their pain points/the roadblocks that exist that prevent them from accelerating or growing within their career. You have a high EQ, are able to build trust and relationships, have exceptional people skills, and bring an engaging and inspiring energy to your communities.
- Balance of organised & Get-Shit-Done: You can balance being effective at getting stuff done with planning and setting up personal systems so that nothing slips through the cracks and you give other team members notice for requests. You are able to handle a high volume of tasks and requests, and prioritise your time accordingly.
- Elite communication: You are a clear verbal and written communicator. You are able to coordinate many different stakeholders and moving parts with crisp comms to ensure everyone has access to essential information and understands expectations.
- Creative problem-solver: You’re able to hypothesise solutions to solve problems, test them and learn from them, and you can comfortably operate within ambiguity.
Working at Startmate
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Startmate’s success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We use Applied to ensure every applicant gets an equal chance of success.
- Community: The Startmate community is a unique mix of founders, operators and investors — the one thing everyone has in common is ambition. Startmate is much more than just our team, it’s a community built on paying it forward.
- Autonomy: You will have very high autonomy to realise your dreams within your area
- Flexibility: We are a remote-first team with coverage across Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Noosa and New Zealand. We currently have an office in Melbourne with satellite offices in Sydney and Auckland.
- Access: You get to work with every well known and less well-known Australian and Kiwi startup, VC and angel — Canva, Safety Culture, Propeller, Vend, Xero, Blackbird, Square Peg, AirTree, rampersand, Folklore — you name it!
- Great vibes: Being able to bring your best self to work is really important to us. We index heavily on wellbeing and engagement to make sure that you’re able to turn up with energy and resilience each day.
- A share of Startmate’s success: We think it is important to share successes with the whole team. All Startmate employees receive carry in our funds and are owners in the management company.