Program Manager - gBETA Alaska
Location: Alaska, United States
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
gener8tor is a nationally-ranked venture capital firm and accelerator. gBETA is a 7-week free accelerator program to help build and scale startups. See this link for more information: www.gener8tor.com/gbeta
gBETA Program Managers serve as the center of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in which they work - engaging with startup founders, mentors, investors and the community as a whole. We are looking for ambitious community advocates whose hunger to support entrepreneurs, connect with mentors and investors, and strengthen the startup ecosystem is never satiated. No need for applicants to come with existing startup or venture capital experience; gBETA Program Managers have come from prior careers in journalism, academia, economic development, science, politics, law and nonprofits.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders (startup founders, mentors, investors, corporate partners, etc.) and engage with them across the community.
- Act as the point of contact between founders, stakeholders and gener8tor.
- Recruit, vet, and select startup participants for gBETA cohorts.
- Manage logistics and execute two gBETA programs per year according to gener8tor’s established curriculum and best practices.
- Engage with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the community and/or industry and, over time, establish themself as a trustworthy and reliable source of mentorship and connections.
- Assist alumni with ongoing mentor, sponsor and investor relations.
- Be a steadfast cheerleader and advocate for the startups and entrepreneurs we work with.
- Support the gener8tor team across multiple programs.
- Meet with the founders 1:1 twice a week as well as other cohort engagements to provide concierge-like services.
- Total devotion to the area and the startup ecosystem in Alaska and a true champion of entrepreneurs in the state!
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Organized self-starter
- Commitment to equity across race, place and gender
- Ability to work in an independent, fast-paced environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including being comfortable coaching and giving caring/critical advice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create presentations and speak in front of groups
- A “do not self defeat” attitude
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly learn a new industry, or dive deeper into the world of high growth startups and venture capital
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- General support for and attendance at statewide programs as needed
- Ability to occasionally travel around Alaska for in-person events and meetings
- Previous startup experience (starting, working at or coaching startups) is a plus.
- At least one year of program or product management experience.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- LinkedIn and social media presence and engagement
At gener8tor we…
- See genius in every community. Across race, place and gender, we believe the company has a chance to accomplish a generational challenge in bridging genius with opportunity.
- Never self-defeat and have a “play to win” mentality. We revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Are curious. We work hard to find hidden gems others overlook.
- Believe no job is beneath us. We wipe down the tables and load up the U-Hauls with enthusiasm. Work as a team to get $#!^ done!
- Strive for “that guy emailed me.” We share a commitment to take a bottom-up approach to building strong, personal, 1-1 relationships. We believe that the best way to quality is through quantity.