Techstars is seeking a talented and driven technical accountant to join our team. This is a rare opportunity for someone who wants to make an immediate impact in a fast-growing global organization and advance their career as we continue to expand.
As our Senior Accountant, you will have the chance to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty while taking ownership of important projects. You will be an essential part of our team, responsible for meeting tight deadlines while also considering new ways to improve our processes.
If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and wants to be part of a team that is driving change and innovation, then we encourage you to apply.
This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
About the role:
- Assist with monthly management reporting packages, including fluctuation analysis
- Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Income Statement consolidations
- Responsible for more complex accounting activities associated with maintaining the general ledger and account reconciliations
- Prepare consolidations including both investing and operating entities (for internal management reporting and external audit)
- Build and automate reports, as needed
- Ownership of aspects of the external audit
- Support implementation and maintenance of accounting guidelines/policies to maintain US GAAP and statutory compliance: Consolidations, Revenue Recognition, Capitalization, Lease accounting
- Cross-department collaboration including working with legal, tax, operations, etc
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP across all financial statements and footnotes by establishing, documenting and enforcing accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Assist in reviewing contracts to document accounting treatment related to revenue recognition and sales commission contract assets (ASC 606)
- Support determining accounting conclusions related to leases (ASC 842), unique business arrangements and other areas, as needed
- Work with fund/investments accounting team to achieve reporting deadlines, obtain investment reconciliations, and account for equity method investments
- Assess new legal entities for proper accounting in accordance with the VIE and consolidation guidance
- Responsible for accounts receivable invoices and customer collections
- Support the implementation of a financial reporting system
- Support allocations within the general ledger and financial reporting system
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects timely & accurately
- Detail oriented while also being able to see the big picture
- Excellent Communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Promotes the efforts of the Accounting department and strives for continuous improvements
- 3+ years relevant work experience required
- CPA required
- Mix of audit and industry experience preferred
- Firm knowledge of US GAAP and operational accounting application
- Technical accounting research and experience preparing accounting memos and disclosures
Compensation: $80,000 - $100,000 + 10% bonus (dependent upon location and experience)
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $97.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: