Atomic is the venture studio that co-founds companies by pairing founders with the best ideas, teams, and resources, and funding those with the most potential. When entrepreneurs co-found with Atomic, they team up with an experienced group of operators who have started dozens of companies, and created billions of dollars in enterprise value. Industry disruptors like Bungalow, Found, Hims and Hers, Homebound, OpenStore, and Replicant all started at Atomic along with dozens more. Atomic was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur Jack Abraham and is headquartered in Miami and San Francisco with a distributed team across North America.
This role will be in the San Francisco office and remote.
What You'll Do:
- Ownership of the accounting function (including month-end close, financial statement preparation, AP/AR, tax filings and other activities).
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the reported numbers.
- Understand the underlying transactions of the business and help stakeholders with the decision making.
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends which may impact portfolio companies.
- Partner closely with FP&A, Controller, and other stakeholders on ad-hoc projects.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of combined experience in operational and technical accounting
- At least 1 year of Senior Accountant related experience
- Proficiency with Netsuite, QBO, Expensify, Bill.com, and Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of public accounting experience at a national firm
- Enthusiasm to work in a team-oriented, start-up environment
- Ability to work with multiple portfolio companies
What You'll Get:
- Join the Atomic network of professionals spanning across our dozen+ portfolio companies.
- Competitive compensation (base + equity) and great benefits (flexible PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401K).
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $100,000 per year.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.