NBVC is looking for a Senior Analyst or Associate-level investment professional to join our team who is intellectually curious, an agile project manager and has a proven track record of bringing ideas to fruition. Primary responsibilities will be to support deal activity by identifying new investment opportunities through research-driven sourcing, researching markets and sector trends, conducting detailed business and financial due diligence and fund administration support. The senior analyst / associate will get full exposure to the investment process as well as the opportunity to learn from all partners and principals on the investment committee.
- Market Research: develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts as well as source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
- Deal Screening and Evaluation: evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials and lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities.
- Building Company Value: engage with and deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across various operating areas.
- Fund Administration: support functions such as portfolio reporting, limited partner reporting, network development, and marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2 years of post-graduate experience in full-time relevant work experience. (Including, but not limited to investment banking, venture capital, private equity, startup/entrepreneur, management consulting, etc. We are open to other backgrounds.)
- Strong ability to gather & synthesize vast amounts of information, draw meaningful, insightful conclusions, and convey them succinctly
- Passion and curiosity about new consumer products, services and technologies
- Enjoys working in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment that is periodically self-guided, where no two days are the same, and where self-teaching (with team support & guidance) can be key to success
We are excited to bring on a new team member to add new perspective, insights and value to the fund. In exchange, we are dedicated to creating opportunities that allow our colleagues to grow and succeed in the venture ecosystem and beyond. Thanks for your interest! We look forward to meeting you.