500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than $1.8 billion in assets under management that invests early in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies. Our portfolio includes 33 companies valued at $1B+ and 120 companies valued at more than $100 million.
500 Southeast Asia is an early investor in Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, Prenetics and Finaccel, with 15 more of our portfolio companies worth in excess of USD $100 million each. We have made investments in 250 companies, which have gone on to raise a total of USD $20 billion. This is just the beginning - we are aggressively growing our team to serve even more founders and be even more impactful to entrepreneurship and the region.
About The Role
We are looking for someone to join the Capital Formation Team at 500 Southeast Asia in Singapore.
We have sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more entrusting us with their capital. You are a magnet for that. You strategize, organize, and execute the increase in assets under management. This means you'll pick up that phone, take the meetings, wine, dine (over Zoom as well), and convey our fund proposition to the right people. You'll work directly with the General Partners.
- Actively source, outreach, contact and build relationships with potential leads and future investors (funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more)
- Producing and updating collaterals including decks, pitchbooks, investor updates and reports
- Manage the relationships with our fund investors, including through organising events, scheduling meetings, managing and updating our investors
- Drive projects related to lead generation, sales pipeline organising fundraising roadshows
- Track and monitor the investor lifecycle and ensure that all investor queries are addressed in a timely manner
- Work with potential investors through their diligence, subscription and onboarding process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related field
- Required 3+ years of prior fundraising experience in investment banking, private banking, private equity, or venture capital
- High attention to detail, thorough, organized and self-motivated
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and ability to analyze fund performance
- Proficient in G Suite tools as well as excel and powerpoint.
- Excellent deck design and data visualisation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask between projects and deliverables and maintain a high level of accountability
- Comfortable with working in an unstructured, cross-culture, global environment with high expectations
- Ambitious, curious, passionate about startup culture, venture capital and technology
- Flexibility with international travel at short notice
- Sales-driven personality
500 Global collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a California Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.