Are you a real networker with a passion for innovation? Do you want to play a key role in helping top corporations innovate & transform? Do you want to work in a fresh, dynamic, open-minded and entrepreneurial environment at the forefront of technology? Do you want to lead our growth? Are or will you (be) based in The Netherlands, preferably in Amsterdam?
About The Company
Plug and Play (PNP) Tech Center is the largest global innovation platform and one of Silicon Valley’s most active early stage investors. We bring together the best start-ups and the world's largest corporations to create meaningful connections that help top companies innovate and meet their strategic goals. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of startup-focused open innovation to all four corners of the world.
Plug and Play has become a leader in innovation in other world- and European markets such as the US, Japan, Germany & France. Your long-term mission will consist of establishing Plug and Play as the leading innovation platform in the Netherlands as well. Based in Amsterdam, you will report to and work in close collaboration with the Benelux Leadership, and together you will share this goal of making Plug and Play a leading innovation platform.
As a pivotal component of the Plug and Play Amsterdam team and its growth strategy, you will lead the growth drive in the Netherlands by targeting top 200 companies to generate awareness, interest and ultimately revenue. Your main focus will be on capturing new accounts, but once a business relationship has been established, you will have to cultivate and grow the relationships to further upsell and leverage their referrals to generate new leads.
As an experienced relationship builder, you will lean on your existing network of Fortune 500 decision makers and expand this network further, leveraging your toolkit to establish Plug and Play as the innovation partner of choice in the Netherlands and beyond.
After understanding the Plug and Play innovation process and value proposition for corporate clients inside and out, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Generate awareness and interest within the top 200 largest corporations in the region. Apart from your own initiatives to generate opportunities you will work together with the central marketing/communication team to generate events and other communication to help generate awareness and interest.
- Develop and execute account plans, identifying key decision makers (mainly heads of innovation and C-suite executives) meeting them and building relationships with and ultimately convincing them about Plug and Play value proposition for innovation
- Nurture relationships with existing clients to identify upselling opportunities and garner additional positive references
- This role is also responsible for harnessing and implementing the latest sales tools and techniques from our global Plug and Play network
- Demonstrated success acquiring new accounts, selling consulting-, professional services or innovation projects in a B2B context. We are thinking for example of a top tier management consultant, a Big Four professional or an innovation professional with proven success acquiring new clients or selling projects/complex solutions. Professionals with a proven track record at Fortune 500 companies, who have earned significant trust within their current C-suite and the respective industry, are also encouraged to apply.
- Master's degrees in Business Administration or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) are preferred. However, substantial years of relevant experience or an extensive professional network can be considered a compensatory factor.
- “Hunter” character, highly motivated and committed, entrepreneurial character, strong self-drive and able to work with limited supervision. Results oriented and laser focused on building strong relationships.
- Well-connected with relevant contacts (C-suite professionals) in the corporate and innovation ecosystem in the Netherlands.
- Positive and open mindset, energetic. Good listener, analytical character, strong willingness to learn and improve.
- Passionate about sales & technology. Enjoys following up on the latesttrends and developments.
- Previous experience with innovation related activities, such as venture capital, innovation consulting or corporate / open innovation roles at large corporates.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Language requirements: native Dutch speaker, fluent in English.
- Based in The Netherlands, close to Amsterdam.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary with performance-based compensation structure
- A unique context operating at the intersection of corporate innovation, venture capital and startup entrepreneurship
- A diverse and international working environment
- Collaboration with- and semi-regular travel to clients and Plug and Play offices across the EMEA region
- Plug and Play is a high-growth and sales-oriented company, so this role will have a strong visibility and impact
- Strong performers in this role may typically lead sales teams and may also become office leaders
- At Plug and Play, proactivity is rewarded. We incentivize initiatives taken by candidates to support other business units and promote collaboration