Speedinvest is a leading early-stage venture capital firm with more than €1 billion AuM and 40 investors based in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, and Vienna. Our dedicated sector-focused teams are the first to fund Europe's most innovative technology startups and our in-house operational experts are on-hand to offer founders ongoing support with growth, HR, market expansion, and more. Wefox, Bitpanda, TIER Mobility, GoStudent, Wayflyer, Open, CoachHub, Schüttflix, TourRadar, Adverity, and Twaice are among our portfolio of 250+ companies.
We are looking to expand our Investment Controlling & Finance team and are hiring a Senior Investment Controller in Vienna. We value intellectual curiosity, a growth mindset, initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as a collaborative spirit.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Senior Investment Controller, you will be working on Speedinvest’s investments into startups and therefore form an essential part of the fund’s business and overall success. In this new role, you will work closely with the investment, legal and finance teams. If you are excited about the chance to support the financial as well as the operational day-to-day startup transactions, we would love to hear from you!
- Reviewing capitalisation tables (in Excel format) of Speedinvest’s portfolio companies
- Reviewing and administering investment contracts, while making sure the investment structure and economic agreement are implemented correctly
- Collaborating closely with investment managers to ensure timely interaction between all stakeholders
- Drafting transaction summaries for Speedinvest’s reporting team and accountants
- Being familiar with risk management, routines, procedures and related tools and willing to also step further in this area
- Ensuring transaction monitoring on an ongoing basis
- Running valuations of all portfolio companies based on all available data sources such as portfolio company reporting, market developments, market analysis and databases
- Supporting on the preparation of payments of investment amounts
- Helping with post-closing matters, such as answering any questions Speedinvest’s external service providers may have on a specific transaction
- Monitoring and double-checking investment restrictions
- Monitoring the liquidity position of the fund and ensuring that the current investment pipeline is matched with enough liquidity
- Administrating and monitoring investment vehicles and SPVs
- Have a proven track record of 2 -5 years in investment banking, a Big-4 / accounting firm and ideally have experience in a fast-paced environment
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business, finance or economics
- Passionate about financial and legal concepts, with an interest in the commercials and economics and valuations of transactions
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with a high degree of flexibility to adjust to last-minute updates or changes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with different stakeholders and work with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the willingness to learn and master new tools (e.g. market data analysis and business intelligence software)
- Dedicated work ethic, proactive and goal-oriented
- Excellent English skills, German is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER?
- A unique chance to step into the world of venture capital and startups
- An innovative environment with a growth mindset
- The chance to be part of an international, driven, talented and result-oriented team
- The opportunity to continuously learn and grow
- An opportunity to leave your suits behind and wear sneakers to work
- Flexible work environment and the ability to work from home on a regular basis
According to Austrian law, we are required to state a minimum salary for this position. The expected minimum annual salary is EUR 60,000.00 gross. However, the final salary will be a competitive package based on previous work experience, hence there is a willingness to overpay.