GALLOS invests in and co-builds early-stage (pre-Seed through to Series B) technology companies, focusing on key sectors including cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, data analytics, sensors, and autonomous systems (UAVs).
GALLOS has assembled a world-class team with decades of nation state level security experience as well as deep investment and commercialisation know-how. The GALLOS team supports the companies it invests in by bringing unique security, science, technology and commercial optimisation expertise, underpinned by highly-connected, patient capital at scale.
GALLOS has several valuable differentiators including its unique view of the needs and the technologies to help commercial and governmental organisations manage the systemic security challenges they face. Specifically, GALLOS enjoys proprietary access to unique deal flow and highly-expert human capital thanks to our deep connectivity within established networks in the UK and US especially.
Following an oversubscribed capital raise in July 2022, GALLOS is actively investing in and building high-potential companies. We are currently recruiting for a venture capital analyst position as a full-time member of our staff based in the United Kingdom or United States.
As a Senior Analyst at GALLOS you will have an unprecedented opportunity to build your skills working on both investments in high-growth, venture-backed companies and supporting the GALLOS’ team’s co-building efforts. You will provide support to the teams in all aspects of research, strategy, investment, and other related activities.
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in investigation and due diligence of potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology, industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, and managing reference calls.
- Analysing company financials, building financial models, creating pro-forma cap tables, conducting valuation analysis, and performing exit scenarios and waterfall analysis.
- Participating in investment discussions with the investment team and assisting in formulating an investment opinion on specific investment targets.
- Drafting and presenting investment memos and additional written materials including portfolio reviews and operational updates.
- Supporting internal co-building efforts with research, analysis, and drafting supporting documents.
- Assisting with monitoring portfolio companies, valuation analysis, internal reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Supporting the research and formulation of investment themes and researched-based insight into the investment landscape and identifying potential investment targets.
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases and including deal flow, KPIs and portfolio operating metrics.
- Tracking deal progress and managing deal updates and contacts in our CRM or other systems (e.g. Pitchbook).
- Assisting in proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, regarding the GALLOS portfolio.
Required experience and skills
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity or corporate finance
- High EQ
- Demonstrated financial modelling and valuation experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of initiative and personal responsibility
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience working with technologies in GALLOS’s target sectors, particularly in early stage businesses
- Passion for and/or domain expertise in cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, AI/ML, UAVs, or national security related technologies
- Strong integrity, work ethic, and team-work
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (computer science, engineering, cybersecurity or similar)
- MBA from top university
- £100K-£150K OTE depending on experience