Five Four Ventures Incubator LLC, a technology-focused startup incubator, is looking for an intern to work with our team and portfolio businesses building the next generation of companies with proven entrepreneurs and leading minds in venture investing, the startup ecosystem, and new product development.
Our intern will work closely with our team, including our Partners, to focus on discrete tasks, primarily researching and developing new company and market opportunities, but potentially participating in ongoing daily tasks related to the needs of existing portfolio companies.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with positive energy who understands that no task is too small to jump at and who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get things done while working with experienced entrepreneurs to build the companies of the future.
• Take charge of individual research projects to understand new markets and other businesses.
• Produce detailed, clear, well written and informative reports about assigned subjects
• Communicate your results and recommendations clearly and effectively.
• Take direction with a pro-active and positive attitude.
• Pay close and keen attention to detail.
• Prepare clear and detailed executive summaries of new areas of opportunity.
• Write business plans.
• Produce early financial models and budgets.
• Understand and propose KPIs for new businesses, as well as success milestones.
• Report on initiatives to team.
• Contributing to marketing and outreach strategy and collateral development, as required.
• Organizing and systemizing data, information and lists that portfolio companies may have developed to make them easily comprehensible and accessible.
• A strategic thinker with a bias for action.
• MBA candidate.
• Demonstrated personal, professional, and educational achievement.
• Has achieved a degree or is pursuing a degree from a top academic institution.
• Highly quantitative and a good executor.
• Any experience with Excel and financial modeling a big plus.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
• Positive and friendly attitude, agreeable and able to take direction.
• Keen interest in new technology and the start-up ecosystem.
While flexible, the timeline for this position is intended to be January - May 2022 with an expectation of up to 10 hours per week.
FFV is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status.