OAK HC/FT FINTECH ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
Oak HC/FT seeks to add a FinTech Associate or Senior Associate to its investment team, located in the firm’s Greenwich, CT office and splitting time between NYC and Greenwich. The Associate will work alongside senior investment professionals to support all aspects of investment evaluation and execution. The ideal candidate is an analytical, energetic, extroverted individual who is naturally passionate and curious about the newest FinTech startups. She/he should be a quick learner, highly motivated, and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Flexibility is also critical as this person will be involved in many different aspects of the business.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Participate in deal flow sourcing. This includes interacting with founders and C-level executives at promising companies, other venture investors, and intermediaries in promising geographical markets for growth-oriented technology companies. Regularly attending industry conferences is expected.
- Proactively develop a network of industry influencers and technical experts on behalf of the firm to enhance sourcing of new investments and execution of diligence process.
- Operate at a senior level; participate in all preliminary, ongoing, and final analysis of investments made by the partnership.
- Design sophisticated models to analyze investment parameters, protect invested capital, and manage investment opportunity to close of deal.
- 3+ years professional experience gained through a top-tier investment bank, consulting firm, venture capital firm or growth equity group. Additional operating experience with an early or growth stage company considered a plus, but not a replacement for the above.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding new technologies and sub-verticals within FinTech.
- Work experience in position(s) requiring critical analysis of business models, cost models, financial projections, and management teams.
- Analytic and quantitative skills needed to review financial and market projections, balance sheets, and operating plans of potential and existing investments.
- Strong knowledge of FinTech market trends and evolving business dynamics.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier school is expected.
- The intelligence, motivation, and passion to make a significant contribution to the firm’s growth and success.
- The ability to be an operator, steward, strategist, and catalyst.
- A “partner” mindset, collaborative, facilitating close work with the management team in developing strategy and identifying market opportunities.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, intellectual curiosity, high energy, an independent “self-starter” attitude, the ability to set and meet aggressive goals, and the drive to succeed both personally and professionally.
- A commanding presence, excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation abilities to be a credible internal and external spokesperson.
- Engaging and able to cultivate relationships, and stimulate candid dialogue.
- A passionate investment focus in FinTech
- Highly organized with attention to detail; a strong work ethic and ability to self-manage multiple high-level projects closely and methodically.
- A team player who will enjoy working in a close-knit and collaborative culture and the ability to proactively address and resolve conflict.
About Oak HC/FT
Oak HC/FT is a venture growth-equity firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs who set out to change the world. Founded in 2014, Oak HC/FT is passionate about investing with exceptional entrepreneurs transforming two immense and highly regulated industries – Healthcare and Financial Services. We specialize in early to growth stage tech-enabled companies, with $3.3 billion AUM led by a team with decades of experience. As one of the earliest venture investors in Healthcare and FinTech, we partner with the best entrepreneurs in these industries at any stage – whether early or growth. We thrive on collaborating with innovative thinkers to help make their visions a reality.
Oak HC/FT is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a base salary and bonus potential, as well as attractive employee benefits.
Interested? Please e-mail your resume to OakTalent_Group@oakhcft.com. Better yet, ask the person who referred you this description to make an introduction. We always appreciate hustle.