Munich Re Ventures (MRV) is the venture capital group of Munich Re, the world's largest reinsurance company, and a leading global provider of primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions. MRV is a $1B+ platform that is financially focused while covering the strategic interests of Munich Re and the broader insurance industry. MRV covers and invests in a broad set of sectors including Insurtech, Cybersecurity & Privacy, ClimateTech, Industrial & Equipment Technologies, and the Future of Transportation.
The Role: Sr. Executive Assistant
The Sr. Executive Assistant will be a member of the Munich Re Ventures Operations team, enabling our ability to offer first-class service to our executives and to scale our organization and execution capabilities across geographies, investment sectors, Munich Re's businesses, and a growing number of portfolio companies. The position will report to the Operations Sr Manager, and it is based in San Francisco. The Sr. Executive Assistant will:
- Schedule meetings, manage calendars, book appointments, and general administrative support to designated senior team members.
- Anticipate, organize, and communicate information or materials (reports, meeting minutes, agendas, etc) needed to prepare senior team members for meetings or appointments.
- Maintain files and/or records and ensure that they are securely contained.
- Proofread critical documents, presentations, reports, blogs, etc.
- Assist with travel arrangements and coordinate with other personnel as necessary, ensuring that all documents (tickets, confirmations, etc.) pertaining to travel are in order.
- Assist Legal and Finance teams with signature management, organizing deal documents, completing expense reports, processing payments, and carrying out basic bookkeeping when required.
- Schedule office visits and welcome and attend to guests.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized office and handle any ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Organize, support, and/or execute in-office or offsite events, by researching team activities, hotels, restaurants, etc.
The Person: Successful Candidate
- Customer Support: This role requires a strong bias for action, customer support, and a willingness to help with any task as required. The successful candidate understands the need to immediately support the senior team members when they request it.
- Time Management and Organization: Keep a pulse on all the activities performed by the senior team members that this person supports. It's necessary to have the flexibility and the capacity to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, and create processes that optimize productivity. Moreover, the person will have the ability to manage calendars, schedule appointments, and organize meetings independently.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Professional, clear, articulate, and accurate, both in writing and verbally as this person will interact with internal and external executives daily. This person will have a strong awareness of when to step back or to follow up assertively.
- Problem-Solving Skills & Attention to Detail: Ability to multitask by being proactive and anticipating the needs of the senior executives with no guidance and maintaining a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of Legal Documentation & Confidentiality: Strong understanding of the sensitivity of legal documentation and that details matter. The successful candidate will have or quickly develop an understanding of all the terms and nuances around handling investment documents, agreements, and other legal documentation while keeping them in confidence.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years of relevant experience in an administrative role within VC, PE, banking, consulting, or law firms.
- At a minimum, a 4-year college degree is required.
- Strong technological skills (Outlook, Microsoft Office, Zoom, QuickBooks, T&E, banking portals).
- It is required for this person to attend our offices in San Francisco at least 3x week.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $120,000 - $145,000, plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position in San Francisco. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
At Munich Re Ventures, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a team that reflects the entrepreneurs and companies we work with and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all our colleagues feel respected, valued, and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.