Flourish is a global venture firm that backs disruptive technology companies whose entrepreneurs seek to redefine the financial services sector and whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity.
Flourish invests at the early stage across key investment themes. With over $500M of capital under management, our global portfolio spans across North America, South America, Asia and Africa. Our current portfolio includes 70+ fintech innovators across disruptive categories including challenger banks, embedded finance, infrastructure, insurtech, personal finance and regtech. In addition to our venture investments, we also partner with policymakers, thought leaders, and regulators.
Our team of dedicated, global specialists is culturally and geographically diverse. We are a small, flat team that combines a high degree of autonomy with a culture of close collaboration. We strive to be close to the entrepreneurs we support and to understand the people they serve.
Flourish deploys half of its capital annually in the US and our portfolio includes leaders such as Alloy, Chime, Clerkie, Hummingbird, Jetty, Kin, Propel, Skipify, and Unit, among others. We complement our disruptive fintech investments with meaningful partnerships across thought leaders and research partners in the sector including the Financial Health Network and Alliance for Innovative Regulation.
We are seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join our team based in Washington DC for a ~24-month analyst position focused on our US Financial Health portfolio.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for helping to source and evaluate new investment opportunities, perform due diligence and market research, and support existing portfolio companies. The analyst program features the chance to work closely with C-suite leaders at exciting fast-growth start-ups, and gain direct exposure to the early stage venture capital ecosystem.
This individual’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Driving the financial modeling efforts and leading the valuation analysis across all stages of the investment process;
- Actively contributing to managing the investment pipeline and assessing new business ideas;
- Evaluating market trends and helping to develop perspectives on emerging investment themes (e.g., market landscaping);
- Supporting due diligence and deal execution efforts for prospective investments (e.g., conducting competitive analyses; preparing investment memoranda);
- Facilitating portfolio engagement efforts and post-close performance management;
- Communicating and collaborating internally to advance Flourish’s strategy and mission, and support on a variety of events and projects, as needed.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- 1-3 years of professional experience conducting company evaluation and financial analyses at an investment bank, venture capital / private equity fund, corporate investment role, or consulting firm;
- Strategic thinker with outstanding analytical, deal evaluation, and excel modeling skills;
- High-energy and independent self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, and great teammate;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or direct experience working in the financial services sector;
- Prior demonstrated interest in / experience with creating positive social impact.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Flourish is a small team of diverse individuals dedicated to the vision of bringing Fair Finance systems to all. We have a high bar of hiring values-aligned, mission-driven team members, so in turn we strive to offer best in class benefits and market driven compensation.
- In addition to our competitive pay and inclusive carry plan, Flourish Ventures offers medical, dental, and vision benefits, unlimited PTO, a 401(k) with employer matching, and a 16-week parental leave policy. We offer perks including monthly wellness stipend, free coaching and therapy sessions, professional development stipend, and an annual team retreat.
- This is a full-time, salaried role. The compensation range for this role is $100-115K.