Vine Ventures rethinks Venture for a novel approach to conscious health & wellness.
As the leading venture firm in the emerging conscious health and wellness space (including psychedelics, biohacking, longevity, etc.), Vine Ventures is looking for a Sr. Venture Partner based in the SF/Bay Area to lead our North American deal flow or in Switzerland to work directly with other senior members of the team. We are looking for someone exceptional who can source deals, connect with entrepreneurs, and support our projects with relevant technical experience and scientific expertise.
- The successful candidate should have a background of 4+ years as a venture investor or senior bio-science executive with experience in early-stage life sciences investing.
- A strong understanding of the FDA drug approval process and IP strategy.
- The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record of sourcing deals, composing and closing term sheets, supporting portfolio companies directly with value-add activities, and accompanying investments through to harvesting.
- The successful candidate should be capable of sourcing both early-stage venture deals directly with emerging entrepreneurs as well as finding late-stage private equity deals in secondary markets.
- Strong analytical capability and a quantitative approach.
- Strategic identification, evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and execution of new investments.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with top investors syndicate deals.
- Actively support portfolio companies, including board involvement where appropriate or advising on drug discovery, IP strategy, or other relevant topics.
- Strong background in pharma, bio-science investing, and general bio-tech.
- A strong network of LPs for subsequent vehicles would be an advantage.
- Strong network in the SF-Bay Area, NY, or Canadian capital markets is advantageous.
- Proven track record of sourcing, developing, negotiating, and closing interesting investment opportunities.
- Experience with venture term sheets, novel deal structures, and general private equity investing.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: high level of self-discipline and self-motivation, sense of responsibility, good time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment with flexibility on travel.
- Understanding of psychedelic therapies.
- An understanding of Asian markets and specifically Mainland China would be considered potentially advantageous over time.
- Fluent in English.
The Candidate should be located in or willing to move to the San Francisco/Bay Area region or in the Zug region of Switzerland. Vine Ventures and its partners will have office space in both regions.
Traveling is an important part of our company's culture and there will be many opportunities during the year for remote work as well and we are relatively flexible in this regard. We also have periodic global company off-sites which employees are encouraged to join.
Vine Ventures offers an intelligent and progressive work culture:
- Dynamic and collegiality in a small team working from all over the world in fields that are shaping the future of our society.
- Contemporary working conditions, ample space to develop alongside the company as well as exciting and challenging projects with considerable responsibility and visibility both internally and externally.
- Competitive compensation and GP participation opportunities.
- Exposure to extremely talented people who sit at the vanguard of novel industries.
- Supportive work and team atmosphere with flat hierarchies and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Vine Ventures was founded with the thesis that psychedelics would emerge as an important part of the solution in solving the global mental health crisis, as well as offering opportunities for the betterment of the well.
Further information can be found in this thesis post:
Vine Ventures takes a methodical and systematic approach to investment decisions while at the same time maintaining values-alignment with the broader social goals of the space. For example, we keep a detailed analysis of the emerging psychedelics industry to date, painstakingly cataloging hundreds of companies, projects, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
By deploying capital to high integrity, technically strong teams, and our reciprocity pledge, we are actively amplifying the industry's values.
Our team is comprised of talented people from around the world with entrepreneurial, venture capital, and technology backgrounds motivated by the search and realization of extraordinary opportunities to help solve fundamental problems that face our planet.