Atomic is a venture fund that funds and founds companies. We don’t take pitches. We build. We believe that disruption is most successfully achieved by pairing innovative ideas with business discipline. We have launched and scaled more than 20 companies, including Hims & Hers, OpenStore, Replicant, Bungalow, Homebound, Found, Butter, and more.
You’re currently viewing the Strategic Finance Associate application. This role is based in San Francisco (open to remote).
As a Strategic Finance associate at Atomic, you will be the first finance person at many early stage companies across a range of industries. You will be a key partner to founders as they develop and scale their businesses. This is an unparalleled learning and growth opportunity for anyone with future aspirations of being a CEO, COO or CFO.
- Build the strategic finance function for new companies across multiple companies and industries started within the Atomic studio model, and in partnership with Atomic’s accounting team that will prepare financial statements for the companies.
- Develop core financial tools for companies, including P&L modeling, unit economics analyses and definition of company KPIs.
- Work closely with the company founder to assess revenue and monetization strategies to support growth and long-term business viability.
- Lead and support equity and debt raise processes with company leadership, including writing the narrative and preparing supporting financial analyses and exhibits.
- Provide critical analyses to support decision making internally at companies and for the Atomic Investment Committee.
- Look across the entire Atomic portfolio to assess overall performance and growth opportunities.
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, investing, finance or strategic finance at a high-growth startup.
- Strong quantitative skills, mastery of excel, SQL or other BI/analytics tools nice to have.
- Strong work ethic and grit.
- Strong attention to detail. Startups do not have layers, your work must be correct.
- Comfort context-switching and working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Desire and ability to operate as a “full stack” - you determine what needs to be done, you do the work, you present your findings, and you monitor the workstream going forward.
- Impeccable integrity and care required to work closely with founders on sensitive topics.
What you'll get:
- Join the Atomic network of professionals spanning across our portfolio companies.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401K
$124,000 - $148,800 a year
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.