First Round is reinventing venture capital. We connect entrepreneurs with the knowledge, people, and companies they need for maximum impact. Square, Uber, Roblox and Warby Parker are some of the companies we’ve been fortunate to partner with — and we’re just getting started. In a very fast-paced industry with ever-evolving needs, we’re looking for a Talent Sourcer to help our early founders find and engage with top talent.
- Build top-of-funnel sourcing pipelines: Engage in high-volume candidate sourcing for a wide range of roles, encompassing technical and non-technical roles (from engineers to account executives), various seniority levels (from IC to directors), and industries (from healthcare to AI) Continuously refine your sourcing strategies through iterative improvements based on feedback.
- Candidate engagement: Craft compelling outreach messages to engage candidates and get them excited about the opportunity.
- Collaboration: Work closely with recruiter and founders to understand their specific requirements and preferences. Provide regular updates on candidate sourcing progress and challenges.
- Market research: Stay informed about industry trends and talent market dynamics. Provide insights and recommendations based on market research.
You could be a great Talent Sourcer at First Round if you:
- Have 3-5 years of technical and non-technical sourcing experience in a fast-paced, tech environment.
- Are excited about the idea of supporting founders by filling their earliest hires.
- Love thinking of creative ways to attract passive candidates.
- Can context switch quickly from one thing to the next.
- Try harder for founders. They’re our customers — LPs are our shareholders. Going above and beyond for our founders is what we do. We strive to be a founder's most valuable investor. That’s why we don't pull term sheets, and we're always in for their second round. We respond to their emails in hours, not days. We build candidate pipelines, unprompted. We arrange meal deliveries when they become a new parent. Simply put, we go above and beyond to earn that right to be their first call every time there’s a bump in the road.
- Give your unvarnished opinions and unwavering support. We strive to be kind, not nice. One of the most (counterintuitively) compassionate things you can do is to offer your unvarnished opinion — along with your unwavering support. That willingness to risk a fleeting moment of discomfort in exchange for someone else’s growth is long-term kindness.
- Treat the little things like big things. Everything can always be made better. We’re all about the carefully crafted, the nitty-gritty, and the bespoke. Whether it’s hand cutting each nameplate, or debating the optimal shape of the dinner table, no detail is too small to sweat.
- Make speed a habit. Whatever you’re building, remember that now is better than two weeks from now. We’re fans of starting small and iterating quickly. No matter what we’re launching, you’ll likely hear this question in a meeting: “How soon can we get something out there?”
- Invent and wander. Never stop experimenting. The best ideas are born out of experimentation. Our flagship programs have always come from our penchant for going out on a limb and approaching problems with a different perspective.
- Build wider doorways and longer tables. We're in the business of backing people and betting on their ideas — no matter where they come from. While talent is evenly distributed, opportunity is not. We need to break down barriers in our investment process, and make sure our work doesn’t stop after writing a check. Everything from the composition of our team to the inclusiveness of our community impacts how we can support founders. First Round is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply because we believe that our diverse team helps us build and serve the strongest community of entrepreneurs.
The pay range for this role is $85,000 - $95,000 (not including our profit sharing program), and will be determined by a candidate's experience level. Our talent team is happy to share more details about our total compensation and benefits package.