At Hard Yaka, we have a core focus on portable identity, payments and marketplaces necessary for digital transformation.
Hard Yaka is looking for a highly motivated Risk Analyst to join our team. The Risk Analyst will report to the Operating Partner, and will serve as a critical business partner to our fund. This position will have a strong focus on risk analysis, due diligence and ad hoc analysis. In addition, this role will also be responsible for driving key business decisions and insights, conducting ongoing risk analysis, and providing recommendations to grow and support the business.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical and consultative mindset and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment. This is a remote position and the candidate must be comfortable working independently.
What you will be doing:
- Run various ad-hoc analyses relating to compliance and risk management initiatives
- Ownership and maintenance of risk and compliance processes and reporting
- Support development of diligence materials, the team’s initial compliance screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments and development of Investment Memos assessing target risk and compliance profile
- Development of compliance and risk best practices materials and conduct of periodic compliance and risk assessments of portfolio firms
- Create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Monitor internal and external data points that may affect compliance risks
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, risk metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
What you should have:
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Execution oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Solid, demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of previous work experience, ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking with exposure to Financial Services / FinTech
- B.A. or B.S. in related fields, financial or quantitative experience a strong plus
- Strong grasp or passion for the intersection of RegTech, Financial Services, Technology, and Cryptocurrency, along with Identity and adjacent spaces