Playfair Capital is one of Europe’s leading early stage VC funds. We’ve been investing since 2013 and have backed over 70 startups to date, including Mapillary (acq. Facebook), CryptoFacilities (acq. Kraken), Omnipresent, Orca AI, Ravelin, sprout.ai and Thought Machine. We’re sector and geography agnostic, with a singular focus of finding and backing ambitious entrepreneurs who are building innovative tech that is creating new markets or disrupting old ones.
This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand insight into the UK and European venture capital and startup ecosystems over a 2-year analyst programme. We're offering you the chance to play a crucial part in a close-knit team, supporting Associates and Partners in all investment related tasks, which will provide you with a holistic overview of the VC business. Your responsibilities will range from deal sourcing and due diligence to working with our portfolio companies. The role will provide you with a great opportunity to learn as part of a small team, work on exciting projects with brilliant founders, build your network and kickstart your career.
Applications close on Sunday 20th June at midnight and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Your main responsibilities will be to work collaboratively with the investment team to
- Own our inbound deal flow channels. You'll be the gateway to the investment team, reviewing pitch submissions, taking first meetings, and evaluating and taking the best ones through our investment pipeline;
- Own our outbound deal flow channels. You'll attend demo days, pitching competitions and other industry events to network and build relationships with founders and experts in the ecosystem in order to find the best deals to bring into our pipeline;
- Support your colleagues with due diligence investment memo writing for deals that reach Investment Committee (IC). This work will focus on competitive landscape and market, requiring skills in research and summary writing;
- Support our bi-annual Female Founder Office Hours initiative. This is the largest D&I event in Europe, having supported more than 700 founders across 3,000 meetings with 100 investors over five editions since 2019;
- Work alongside the team writing content to publish on the Playfair Capital blog and to build your own profile.
- You are passionate about startups and disruptive technologies;
- You are reliable, organised, driven and a self-starter;
- You have excellent analytical skills;
- You have strong oral and written communication skills;
- You thrive in a small team and busy work environment and can manage multiple workstreams effectively;
- You have worked in a fast-paced office environment previously;
- You are available full time for a 2 year programme starting summer 2021, exact dates to be discussed.
- Competitive salary;
- Private healthcare plan;
- Pension plans;
- Extensive upskilling and training opportunities;
- Team socials, lunches and drinks.