Are you curious about how cutting-edge Life Sciences technologies become products that benefit patients? Would you like to learn how Venture firms scout for new ideas, analyze companies, create and support their portfolio companies? If yes, then join Wellington Partners’ as an Intern during a fixed term placement. We are looking for a highly motivated addition to our Life Science investment team in Munich, with superb scientific and medical understanding and a strong desire to build a successful career in Venture Capital. Successful candidates may get the option to join our team in a permanent position after completion of their placement.
- Join the Investment team during a fixed term placement (3-6 months);
- Screen and document incoming deal flow for potential investment opportunities;
- Organize and attend meetings with compelling leads for an investment;
- Assist in the evaluation of investment opportunities through targeted research as well as the preparation of key analyses e.g., compiling information on disease areas, treatment guidelines, key product developments and competitor dynamics;
- Work with the team on synthesizing key findings and detailing the theses for prospective investments;
- Support the team on elements of the due diligence process as well as in the preparation of internal documentations for investment opportunities; and
- Assist the team in general administration and in tasks arising from portfolio management and reporting companies.
- Strong educational background in Medicine, Life Sciences, or related fields is required
- Previous experience in a business environment is preferred, previous practice in bio-medical research or medicine is a plus;
- Excellent German and English written and verbal communication skills; and
- Familiarity with standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for innovation in Healthcare and the improvement of medical practice;
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, analytical skillset and an entrepreneurial mind;
- Ambitious, hard-working, diligent personality, and willing to take responsibility;
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eagerness to learn fast;
- Resourceful team player willing to support others to excel; and
- Strong networker, outgoing person, that integrates well in multicultural environments.