The MetaProp NYC opportunity:
MetaProp NYC is offering up to four (4) “for-credit” or paid internships to students in graduate and undergraduate programs at New York-area universities (we will also consider recent graduates and high school students, in certain circumstances). During the internships, you will be “hand-on” in accelerator operations, investor/partner relations, and portfolio start-ups’ growth.
About MetaProp NYC:
MetaProp is a NYC-based real estate tech accelerator that brings together the brightest minds in real estate and technology to help quickly build our industry’s most promising young companies. Each year, the eight best technology-driven real estate industry start-ups are selected from more than 150 applicants to participate in the 16 week intensive growth program based in New York City. The program culminates in a Demo Day to partners, investors, VCs and media.
Benefits of interning at MetaProp NYC:
- Opportunities for full time employment
- Start-up, venture and technology exposure
- Interact with high profile institutional real estate partners
- Fun, high-energy culture
- Flexible hours
- Experience across all functions including strategy, marketing, finance, operations, and technology.
The candidates will report directly to the Managing Director. Learnings can include:
- Start-up investment identification
- Venture/angel domain investor landscape
- Completed deal term tracking
- Seed fund and accelerator competition analyses
- Corporate partner identification
- Marketing Content development
- Web and graphic design coordination
- Digital marketing coordination
- Media relations
- Database and pipeline management
- New investment analyses
- Financial diligence
- Investor relations
- related administrative activities
- General and Administrative
- HR set-up and implementation
- Legal project management
- Basic office tasks such as filing, scanning
- Special Projects - as directed by the MD
Preferred background, skills and characteristics:
- Undergraduate major in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance
- Experience with software development and/or investment banking
- Comfort working in independent and in team-based environments
- Ability to follow directions, as well as not being afraid to ask questions will ensure a productive internship.
- Willingness to live by the mantra, "No job is too big. No job is too small."
Time commitment and compensation:
- Candidates must be able to work at least twenty (20) hours per week. On a case-by-case basis, we will consider internships for up to forty (40) hours per week.
- We prefer unpaid, for-credit internships but will consider competitive hourly compensation for a limited number of no-credit internships.
STUDENTS MUST ABLE TO WORK PART TIME WHILE ATTENDING UNIVERSITY DURING ACADEMIC YEAR