Driven by a common vision, Serena and Makesense have joined hands in 2022 to create an 80 million euros impact fund: Racine².
By combining the expertise of two pioneers in financing and common good, our mission is to empower ambitious entrepreneurs that have significant potential for impact and growth.
4 focus thesis
- Preservation of the environment and health,
- Sustainable lifestyles,
- Education for all,
- Physical and sports activities. </aside>
Stage and tickets
- Seed to Series A
- Tickets from 500k€ to 4M€
What is the role about?
You’ll support the team and participate in each step of the investment process.
- Source new investment opportunities through outbound, events, and conferences, market research, nurturing, and screening of the startup ecosystem
- Conduct market research to help identify new investment trends, and opportunities and stay in the know of the VC market
- Evaluate and pre-qualify all new investment opportunities, call and/or meet prospects
- Assess and analyze the impact (social or environmental) generated by the opportunities
- Update Serena’s CRM tool with information on new opportunities (call/meeting summary, contact information…)
- Prepare relevant market analysis on qualified opportunities
- Present the qualified opportunities to the investment team
- Organize first meetings with entrepreneurs
- Drive market opportunity assessments, competitive analysis, product and technology evaluation, reference calls, business metrics' analysis, financial and exit modeling
- Assists in the preparation of investment notes for internal discussions and investment decisions
- Work on the term sheet with the investment director/partner
What we’re looking for?
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- Strong analytical mind and ability to deal with a pretty high volume of information,
- Deep interest in new technologies and European start-up ecosystem in general,
- Curious about scalable impact and eager to contribute to a more sustainable society,
- High level of autonomy and extra mile mindset,
- Organizational skills and excellent ability to multitask,
- Team player and good interpersonal skills,
- At least a first meaningful professional experience,
- Fluent in both French and English.
- You will first apply through this short form. There are no right or wrong answers, we simply expect you to keep it simple: we enjoy short and impactful writing
- You will then meet Sybille in a 20-min call to get to know each other
- You will then meet Léa and Eric for a 45-min case study
- You will then meet one Serena’s team member in a 20-min final interview