Top Tier Capital Partners (“TTCP” or the “Company”), an asset management firm that specializes in venture capital investments, is seeking an Associate(s) for its San Francisco office. The Associate will support the greater Investment Team as needed but will spend the majority his or her time on TTCP’s “Velocity Business,” which focuses on venture capital LP secondaries, direct secondaries, and direct company investments. The Associate will perform a broad range of analytical and research duties including, but not limited to, secondary and direct investment identification, sourcing and due diligence, fund due diligence and monitoring, quarterly reporting activities, market research, data entry and analysis, and business development support. The Associate must be able to perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis and must be proactive in anticipating the investment team’s needs and providing support as required.
This position will be a part of TTCP’s twelve-person Investment Team, which is led by five Managing Directors. The Associate will work most closely with the Velocity Team, a subset of the greater Investment Team, which presently consists of (3) Associates and (2) Managing Directors.
Essential Goals of the Position:
- Within the first twelve (12) months of employment, demonstrate a strong understanding of the VC landscape and TTCP’s business and core investment relationships.
- Providing strong analytical skills and an ability to analyze and showcase numbers, write papers, and create presentations – all as ways to effectively communicate with the broader team and (as applicable) to our clients in the form of meeting notes, investment presentations, investment memorandums, white papers, and investment summaries.
- Being actively involved in data analytics and portfolio monitoring.
- Proactive outreach for secondary and co-investment investment opportunities and make material progress in developing own network of relevant peers in the venture capital and secondary ecosystems.
- Evaluate secondaries, co-investment opportunities, and fund managers to determine the merits of the investment.
- Assist Investment Team members in organizing and preparing data for summary investment proposals, investment committee memos, and marketing projects.
- Help teams prepare for and actively participate in TTCP investor and investment functions or meetings with GPs.
- Assist with training and mentoring Analysts as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities of All Employees:
- All employees are expected to support the Company in the successful completion of its annual goals and objectives and the execution of TTCP’s Mission and Vision Statements.
- All employees are expected to follow TTCP’s cultural mission which is based on Leadership, Transparency, Trust and Respect (LTTR).
- All employees are expected to be committed to ongoing professional development.
- All employees are expected to adhere to Company policies and procedures and to participate in the firm’s regulatory compliance program at a level appropriate to their positions.
- The technical and intellectual skills necessary for the individual to be successful in the role are:
- Having a business or accounting background.
- Being intellectually competent; capable of critical and analytical thinking.
- Having strong written and oral communication skills.
- Showing strong modeling/Excel experience with high attention to detail.
- The behaviors, skills, and values necessary for the individual to be successful in the role are:
- Demonstrating a commitment to teamwork.
- Having a strong work ethic and being intrinsically motivated to meet objectives.
- Being highly organized and effective at workload planning and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrating confidence and security in ones’ abilities, work product, and opinions.
- The behaviors, skills, and values necessary for the individual to be successful within TTCP are:
- Being honest and principled with absolute integrity.
- Being an effective communicator.
- Holding oneself accountable.
- Being focused on solutions not problems.
- Demonstrating creativity.
- Being friendly and open; exhibiting a spirit of camaraderie.
Other Position Requirements:
- 3-5 years of relevant finance experience.
- Background and interest in secondaries, direct investing, and venture capital.
- Applicable undergraduate college degree; MBA optional.
- Qualified applicants will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the EEOC and the SF Fair Chance Ordinance.
Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
 For all essential goals, the Associate’s success will be measured by demonstrating the core competencies required to successfully execute assignments; the on-time delivery of high-quality work product; and the evolving independence in which duties are performed.
 Candidates will be expected to complete a sample investment project as part of the screening process.