True Growth Capital (TGC) is a Berlin, Germany, based investor.
We are positioned at the intersection of angel, family office and venture capital.
Our partners are some of the leading entrepreneurs in Germany.
TGC follows a multi asset investment structure:
- Venture Capital: Equity investments (Early Stage or Pre-IPO) --> check out our portfolio on truegrowth.de
- Venture Capital: Debt investments (Early to Growth Stage)
- VC Incubation / Company Building
- Real Estate Investments
- Other alternative asset strategies (LP stakes, PE etc).
You will work with us on all parts of our operations. This is a very fast-paced, self-responsible role that will get you exposure to a broad range of topics.
- You will help source new deals from a variety of channels, from databases to events
- Further development of sourcing channels, with a special view on active sourcing and friendly investor landscape
- Representing the firm at (virtual) industry events, coffee chats, founder meetings etc
- Evaluating a wide range of pitches together with the team
- Conducting further diligence on promising deals, researching markets, building an opinion
- Supporting on deal closing
- Support on portfolio-related matters on a daily basis, working together with our team to generate value for our amazing founders, and manage the occasional crisis from time to time…
- Support on follow on financing rounds
- Actively contribute to structured ideation and market evaluation
- Support on validating the models, working together with the founding teams
- Actively support later-stage incubations with important operative matters
Deep-Dive / Your Project - Engage in at least one deep dive topic of your choice – dig deep into whatever interests you around investing in alternative assets for example:
- Deeply understand an industry or business model finding the best teams in a field that interests you,
- Help refine our investment thesis – should we look into real estate, growth, p/e, alternative-alternative assets… etc?
- Think about creative ways to evolve and refine our operating model, e.g. structured deaflow management, evaluation, analytics etc
- Develop technical / automated active sourcing mechanisms.
- Founder First Mindset – we are not a pure VC financier, but a co-creator of entrepreneurial success. We need you to think and act like a founder.
- Enjoy being outgoing – investing in the asset classes we deal with is a people business – we believe Excel doesn’t solve anything….
- … but should still be something you are comfortable working with, in the worst case
- Same goes for a strong, fluent communication style both in German and English.
- You know the meaning of 80:20 and always live by it.
- You have genuine passion for entrepreneurship. No ego or vanity involved with a shot at the buy side.
- You know how VCs make money, know some of the lingo – but understand our special position inbetween angel investor and institutional VC.
- You are relaxed - we are never (really) hectic.
- Constantly challenging, fully immersive experience within a trusted circle of experienced operators, entrepreneurs and investors.
- A better VC experience. You will be able to get the best of three worlds, from creative, free thinking angel-investing, to classical VC, to company building.
- Our setup means we never lose the personal touch. There is no real hierarchy. You shape your role.
- (Very) competitive package. We hate trade-offs.
- We use late evenings and weekends for sports and good wine, not for work - and will actively encourage you to do the same.
- Full flexibility how and where you want to work. We are mostly remote ourselves.
We look forward to working together and getting some great investments across the line!