Samsung Next is an investment and M&A arm of Samsung Electronics, the world’s largest consumer electronics company and one of the best known consumer technology brands. Samsung Next invests in the boldest and most ambitious founders. Our investment areas include AI, Blockchain, Edge Infrastructure, Fintech, Healthtech, and Metaverse. The Investment Team is backed by our Platform Team which include operators, marketers, and sales and business developers who are committed to the success of every portfolio company. Samsung Next also includes an M&A team that helps founders realize their visions and bring their solutions to consumers around the world.
About the Investor Role:
The Investor role at Samsung Next provides individuals with an opportunity to establish and/or expand a career as a venture investor. Investors work directly with experienced Managing Directors to develop and augment their venture investment skills. Investors are given as much responsibility as quickly as they can manage, while working with the backing of one of the world’s best consumer technology brands. Individuals in this position will gain exposure to a high quantity of deals, source deals and bring them to close, partner with portfolio companies post-investment and understand startups at a variety of stages and in a variety of verticals.
Silicon Valley/San Francisco Bay Area (preferred), Los Angeles Metro Area
- Source investment opportunities. This will first and foremost involve growing, establishing and leveraging strong relationships with founders and investors in our key focus areas, particularly within the Metaverse, Web3 and Blockchain space.
- Evaluate investment opportunities with thorough due diligence.
- Communicate investment cases effectively from deal discussion through deal closure.
- Develop a sharp and informed point of view and contribute to learnings and insights through written investment memos and active participation in deal discussion.
- Provide a supportive and responsive experience to the founders and builders we work with.
- Work closely and unselfishly with colleagues.
- Undergraduate degree
- Highly successful 2+ years of business or technical experience
- Genuinely intellectually curious and driven - embraces new challenges and change
- Adept at developing and maintaining relationships
- Displays high EQ and is a team oriented contributor
- Demonstrated passion for technology and startups.
- Outstanding analytical skills - able to simplify the complex, synthesize information and provide pointed insights
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Established professional network in the startup community an important plus
- Passion for or experience in our focus areas, particularly in Blockchain and Metaverse
- Previous investment (angel or other) background