A/O PropTech is Europe’s largest Proptech (property technology) venture capital firm which invests in technology start-up companies disrupting the real estate industry. A/O PropTech announced its latest €250mn vehicle in February 2020, with a unique permanent capital approach, a strategic real estate portfolio sandbox of over €35bn provided by its LPs and a unique approach to venture investing with a team of real estate, finance, data science and engineering professionals.
At A/O PropTech we have a stage, geographic, and segment agnostic investment approach: We back innovation from Series A onwards, in Europe, US and Israel and across all sectors of the RE industry (office, resi, hotels, logistics, construction, etc). We target companies who are enabling the industry, creating efficiencies, revenue growth opportunities and we also have a focus on technologies enabling the decarbonisation of the industry as well.
Through our strategic RE sandbox, we enable founders to test, pilot, iterate and scale disruptive tech-enabled products, services, and platforms and help them navigate the complexities of the real estate ecosystem at scale.
Shaped by decades of real estate asset investing and operations as well as data science management and technology experience, A/O Proptech’s mission is to transform real estate into a more digital, efficient, and accessible asset class by applying innovative technologies and business models. A/O’s vision is to improve quality of life, accelerate sustainable living, and enable the decarbonization of the largest asset class in the world.
Humility – respect – curiosity – honesty – impact – courage – selflessness
To learn more about our vision please read here: https://www.aoproptech.com/vision/.
Join Europe's leading proptech VC firm, with a diversified team of real estate, data science, technology, finance and engineering experts, focusing on disrupting the real estate industry. You will evaluate market leading global investment opportunities, get exposure to the next generation of innovative technologies disrupting the largest asset class in the world, and work closely with the founders in creating the industry’s most comprehensive proptech start-up portfolio. Check out our investments here: https://www.aoproptech.com/companies/.
This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate, diverse, and entrepreneurial team in a firm that values values, personal development, performance, freedom, responsibility and selflessness and with a platform that will accelerate your personal development, provide you with unique exposure and opportunities.
You will be working in our London office located in Marylebone.
Deal sourcing / Market research:
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Networking with peers in other Venture Capital Firms
- Initiate segment deep dive on selected ProTech verticals (ConTech, Smart City, Co-living, PropFintech, etc)
Due diligence / execution:
- Participate across all aspects of our internal investment processes through to our IC
- Gather market intelligence about the market and opportunities from target companies and industry experts
- Do references calls
- Understand competitive landscape
- Reach out to technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including IPs
- Review background checks on the current management of the target company
- Oversee valuation analysis via modelling
- Oversee, vet and track portfolio company reporting and analyse portfolio companies' financial performance
- Manage team analysts and interns
- Supervise quarterly portfolio valuations and investor reporting
- Provide strategic/on-demand work for data-driven projects
- Validate financial and analytical models to support investment activity
- Coordinate our weekly investment review process through collaboration with portfolio companies and partners to deliver critical financial analysis for the firm
- 4-8 years of experience (VC, PE, investment banking, entrepreneurship, consultancy, Data Tech)
- Ability to learn and master new industries quickly
- Outstanding analytical and strategic-thinking skills, combined with excellent business judgement
- Motivation, focus and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
- Experience with cash flow modelling and investment valuation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Experience with portfolio management databases appreciated
- Investment experience (even at a personal level) appreciated
- Unquestionable integrity and strong work ethic
- Passionate about all things real estate, technology, climate change and entrepreneurship
Salary: competitive salary + discretionary bonus.