Location: North Dakota
Salary: $200,000-$210,000 and Carried Interest
gener8tor seeks a Principal to lead a new venture capital fund focused on seed stage startups in North Dakota. The Principal will source, lead, negotiate and manage the fund’s investments.
gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre- accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships.
- Lead all stages of capital investment including sourcing, vetting, due diligence and executing deals.
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies. Support portfolio companies through ongoing mentorship, introductions to co-investors and access to the gener8tor network.
- Represent the fund at industry events, and manage and build brand and relationships with other VC firms, startup accelerators, founders and other members of the venture ecosystem.
- Further gener8tor’s position as a thought leader in the market by authoring and publishing market research and opinion publications.
- Lead and coordinate all LP and stakeholder reporting.
- Coordinate and collaborate with gener8tor staff and external partners.
- Be the #1 cheerleader for the startups and entrepreneurs we work with.
- 2+ years as an associate or principal at a venture capital fund, or relevant startup or accelerator experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter. Collaborative, team based mindset. Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry/location, startup and venture capital communities even if already familiar.
- Flexible working hours which may include travel.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality.
- Commitment to equity across race, place and gender.
At gener8tor we…
- Revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Wipe down the tables after lunch with as much enthusiasm as we have taking a trip out to Silicon Valley.
- Are motivated by building a better tomorrow for the communities we interact with.
- Work as a team to get $#!^ done!