Section 32 is a venture capital fund investing at the frontiers of technology and healthcare. Founded by Bill Maris, the team has vast experience building iconic companies.
Our goal is to improve the human condition by accelerating the discovery, development and distribution of important technologies and life saving medicines. We invest across the entirety of technology and healthcare. This includes software, cybersecurity, advanced communications and computation, space, climate change related technologies, machine learning, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, therapeutics, advanced diagnostics, precision medicine, genomics and more.
We are looking for Principals based in the Bay Area to join our investment team and help us identify the best early stage companies leveraging AI & ML today. We welcome candidates who possess a growth mindset, strong analytical skills and ability to handle ambiguity.
- Source early stage deal-flow – You will be responsible for generating deal flow and finding interesting companies to invest in. You will also be expected to network with other industry professionals or entities that bring proprietary deal flow to the fund as well as proactively prospect for opportunities.
- Evaluate opportunities – You will evaluate investment opportunities, determine key issues, leverage your network and firm resources to perform due diligence. To do this successfully, we expect you to be a smart and logical thinker, to be able to learn quickly, and to seek out expert opinions.
- Communicate with entrepreneurs and executives – You will communicate directly with entrepreneurs and executives supporting deal sourcing and evaluation.
- Perform due diligence for potential new investments
- Facilitate investments and support company building efforts – You will be responsible for investment memos, board meetings, market analysis, financial models, and benchmarks that companies need to be aware of.
- Two years of industry experience working at a US growth technology company in a product or engineering role or at a venture capital firm doing early stage investments.
- AI and/or ML knowledge at a conceptual level
- Strong people skills and have the ability to interact professionally with company founders and executives.
- Self-starter that takes initiative and can navigate ambiguity
- Strong analytical and verbal skills
- MBA or demonstrated success as an entrepreneur
- Venture Capital experience
- Advanced technical background (MS/PhD in technical field and/or equivalent program)
Please apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com