2048 Ventures, an earliest stage venture capital firm, is seeking to expand our partnership by bringing on board a Principal to lead pre-seed deals in Machine Learning and Genomics.
About 2048 Ventures
2048 Ventures’ mission is to build a world class, geographically agnostic venture firm that is the earliest backer of the founders creating companies differentiated through technology. We launched in 2019 and are currently investing out of our $27M fund. Our limited partners include founders of the iconic technology companies, top tier venture capital firms, and family offices.
We are a high conviction, high velocity investor, focused on leading pre-seed rounds and co-investing at the seed stage. To date, we’ve backed over 20 startups across more than 10 geographies. In 2019 we earned an NPS score of 100 from our founders. We are highly respected by our peers, and trusted by founders because of our values, conduct, and commitment to the founders we back.
About the Principal Role
We are looking for an investment professional with at least 3 years of experience at the earliest stage, to join our team and lead pre-seed deals in Machine Learning and Genomics verticals. In this role you will be working closely with Alex Iskold and the entire team, to develop theses, source prospective investments, evaluate deals, lead diligence, and ultimately, make the decision to invest.
We are looking for someone who dreams about the future, who imagines what the world looks like, and who has theories of what transformative companies need to be built.
We are looking for someone who:
- Shared our values, vision, and passion for investing at the earliest stage
- Has a technical degree in computer science, math, engineering or science
- Is able to quickly learn and understand new concepts, products and technologies
- Has at least 3 years of prior investing experience in Machine Learning and Genomics/Healthcare verticals
- Created a framework and has an insight for what successful business models and opportunities are
- Comes with an in depth knowledge of the markets and existing startups
- From the club of strong opinions loosely held and is open minded
- Is both analytical and intuitive, and has the ability to make the ultimate decision to invest
- Has a combination of being a keen reader of people and empathy for founders
- Has skills to not just invest, but to also manage and help grow portfolio companies
- Loves the sourcing hustle and the speed of earliest stage venture
- Passionate about venture capital and see this as an incredible opportunity to create wealth for LPs, founders, investors as well as help make the world a better place
- Is fast, organized, and is able to process a high volume of deals
- Posses a healthy combination of personality, personal drive, and team orientation
- Understands that venture capital is a team sport and is excited to collaborate, help grow the portfolio, and build the firm
How To Apply
Please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line: Candidate for Principal Role:
- Your Linkedin Profile/Resume in PDF
- Description of your relevant existing investments including company names, what they do, and why you decided to invest
- 1 pager on where you see the opportunities in Machine Learning and Genomics including types of businesses and business models