- Qualifications: Recent grad or post-grad. First-timers in VC with raw talent, evidence of exceptional achievement and track record - not just the meaningless accolades. Competent understanding of business / financial modelling. Engineers, scientists, financial and business analysts.
- Required experience: 1 year + of relevant work experience
- Language skills: German (desirable) & English fluent (essential)
- Length of internship: six months
- Location: Berlin / remote
- Start Date: Summer 22
This six-month program is designed to help talent break into venture capital, join one of our portfolio companies, or even build, and launch their own startup. An opportunity to acquire and strengthen key skills; valuation, financial modelling, market sizing, competitive analysis, and deep technical diligence. And build up a network of founders and investors.
Who We Are
These two sister units have a shared mission; and industrial-level planetary transformation.
- AMPLIFIER - investing in logistics, industrial and mobility
- Towards Net Zero - investing in energy, material, food and climate software
Our mission is to invest in and drive founders and engineers to solve our planet's biggest problems. Reshaping old industries, and redesigning core operating systems. Our aim is to ensure future planetary sustainability. Our playground is the hard, the forgotten, and the overlooked.
- Network building and market research to support investment deal flow
- Mapping existing trends and emerging technologies
- Diligencing incoming investment opportunities and supporting deal execution
- Deep-dive research into key markets or breakthrough technologies, to be submitted at the end of the internship
- Supporting management with basic operational tasks
- Aiding marketing efforts
- Clear vision of some of those areas where and why our supply chain and infrastructure is broken
- Good understanding of climate tech and the different technologies that can drive us to a net-zero future
- Networked into the startup and venture ecosystem
- Awareness and knowledge of breakthrough technology trends
- Intellectual curiosity and rigour, able to go deep and master the detail in their analysis
- Engineer mindset, able to run system analysis to identify the core problem, and validate the optimal solution
- A Hustler, able to build their own networks and take initiative
We are a small team, operating with a flat hierarchy to encourage ongoing learning and ensure maximum exposure. We move fast and stay flexible, giving everyone the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, thriving on uncertainty and valuing initiative.
When applying please include alongside your CV a cover letter including the following:
- Availability (earliest start date)
- Short pitch explaining your interest in supply chain, climate tech or both.
- 3 early stage startups in our domain you love and why