Interested in applying? Please submit your application here.
HearstLab invests in and supports early-stage, women-led startups. Our mission is to close the gap in venture capital funding for women by helping founders build healthy, sustainable and highly scalable businesses. We've invested in more than 30 women-led tech startups to date across healthcare, enterprise software, legal tech and more.
As a Venture Analyst (Fellow) at HearstLab, you'll be an integral member of our team, helping to advance our mission to bring visibility, opportunity and equity to women leaders. You will assist in developing and managing of our deal flow pipeline of talented female founders building high growth startups. You will identify promising startups to move forward in our evaluation process.
This is a full-time, hands-on role. Join us as we create change by investing in female founders to help super charge the growth of their businesses!
This role will report to VP of HearstLab. HearstLab is headquartered at Hearst Tower in New York City.
What You'll Do:
- Sourcing: Develop our deal flow pipeline by proactively scouting for high growth, women-led tech startups
- Diligence/Evaluation: Develop and manage top of funnel activity, including pre-qualifying and vetting startups
- Collaboration: Work hand in hand with other Lab staff members in our investment process by conducting initial diligence and analysis on startups and markets
- Reporting: Establish and track standard metrics to assess the speed and quality of our deal flow and evaluation process. Provide analysis on startups, business models, and market opportunities in relevant industries.
- You have experience in startup investing or in another quantitive-based field. You have the ability to evaluate businesses as well as strong interpersonal skills and salesmanship to effectively contribute to the promotion of HearstLab's value to the broader startup ecosystem.
- You have a genuine passion for our mission to support women-led startups and for tech businesses
- You excel at analyzing businesses and market opportunities quantitatively
- You have excellent communication, writing and presentation skills and know how to tailor your style based on the stakeholder
- You have strong tech skills and can use Notion, Airtable, Excel or can quickly learn them
- You enjoy beating a deadline
- You are a motivated self-starter and problem solver with the ability to lead and manage multiple projects at once
- You're available to work full-time, starting immediately
What we offer:
- An amazing learning experience in a fast-moving environment with a team focused on supporting and investing in women-led startups
- A dynamic and diverse team including our group of fellows specializing in business development, UX/UI design, DevOps engineering, and hiring, as well as with the HearstLab leadership team focused on growing the Lab and supporting our startups
- The opportunity to rapidly expand your network of entrepreneurs, investors, Scouts (women leaders at Hearst) and others in the startup ecosystem as you build our referral pipeline