Backed by institutional early-stage investors and industry insiders, Allocate is a turnkey platform that eliminates the guesswork and friction of venture investing. Allocates offers a bespoke end-to-end experience to investors whereby highly vetted premium venture opportunities are presented based on specific investment objectives.
With nearly 50 years of venture capital advising and investing experience, the Allocate team has worked closely with over 1,300 fund managers and limited partners over the past 14 years. Before launching Allocate, the team previously had tenures at SVB Financial Group, SVB Capital, First Republic Bank, Kauffman Fellows, Fairview capital, CircleUp, and Vistaprint.
The Allocate venture associate role shall work on all components of fund due diligence, market research, development, and presentation of thought leadership reports and assist the broader Allocate team on various platform building activities.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative fund diligence on venture capital funds and co-investment direct deals.
- Write and present fund investment memos.
- Prepare materials for both external and internal meetings.
- Attend fund manager and Allocate investor meetings independently or alongside other team members.
- Assist in creating quantitative data framework through collection, data input, management, creating and updating of data models.
- Create and present research industry reports.
- Draw insights from data to help shape diligence on funds for Allocate platform and for industry reports.
- Actively work on tactical and strategic initiatives for the business, including support of Investor Relations and fundraising efforts.
- 3-5+ years of experience in venture capital relating to venture fund or direct investing, such as work at fund-of-funds, family offices, consultants, or other relevant experiences.
- Undergraduate degree.
- High proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- High degree of understanding of current venture capital landscape, including and particularly emerging manager landscape.
- Strong passion for venture capital and technology
- Analytical and quantitative orientation with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and proactive state of mind.
Email email@example.com to express interest, and please attach current resume or similar CV.