Group 11 invests in revolutionary software companies that are redrawing the landscape of the financial services industry. As FinTech continues to gain momentum and to disrupt the traditional industry value chain, Group 11 has positioned itself as a partner of choice to provide capital and guidance to entrepreneurs that are creating the world's next generation of financial services industry leaders.
We're looking for a Venture Capital Analyst to join a small but hard working team. The Analyst will get to work with a stellar portfolio and individual projects including: underwriting new investment opportunities, market research, and investment pipeline management. This is a salaried, set two year program.
Ideal candidates show up with a read on market opportunities and a passion for fintech, but most importantly with the curiosity to go deeper and learn more. What we’re doing at this firm can be one of the most exciting, challenging, yet rewarding experiences of your life.
- Passion for fintech and a desire to move the needle on financial inclusion
- 2 years minimum experience at a Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking, a startup, or similar
- Self-starter - be able to run on your own, identify opportunities, and prioritize without much guidance;
- Actual due diligence/modeling/underwriting experience in assessing tech companies and investments
- Ability to produce financial performance and metrics reports
- In office in Beverly Hills, California
- Full Time
- Some monthly travel
- Handling inbound deal volume
- Producing extensive financial modeling and analysis reports
- Conducting due diligence on potential investments
- Building stock pricing models for tech companies
- Reviewing the legal documents around an investment
- Syncing and maintaining investment documents and data on cloud software
- Possible opportunity to work on marketing and web presence if interest and skills are there
- An excitement for research and innate ability to find inconsistencies and patterns
- Financial modeling (DCF, comp analysis, index building, price sensitivity, etc.)
- Google Drive (Google Docs/Sheets) and/or Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel)
Plus Skills and Software Experience:
- Adobe Creative Suite, ERP software, Cobalt, Basic HTML/CSS or programming, Affinity, Apple Hardware and Software, Data Management software, Paralegal experience, Experience with investment data providers like CapitalIQ, Pitchbook, Bloomberg, Crunchbase, CB Insights, etc.