Title: Analyst, C5 Capital
Location: Washington, DC – based. Expected to be able to travel globally as needed.
The venture capital analyst is responsible for providing support to the investment team across multiple areas including market & investment theme research, analysis of potential investments, and monitoring of active investments. Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with formulation of investment themes and researched-based insight into the investment landscape.
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases and including deal flow KPIs and portfolio operating metrics.
- Supporting investigation and due diligence on potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology, industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, and supporting reference calls.
- Supporting analysis of company financials, building alternative financial models, creating pro-forma cap tables, conducting valuation analysis, and performing exit scenarios and waterfall analysis.
- Assisting in drafting and presenting investment memos and additional written materials including portfolio reviews and operational updates.
- Assisting with monitoring portfolio companies, valuation analysis, internal reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Tracking deal progress and managing deal updates and contacts in CRM or other systems.
- Assisting in and executing on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrated interest across cybersecurity, space, and energy sectors.
- 1+ years of relevant full-time work experience (e.g., investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, or venture capital).
- Strong communication skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Superior research and analytical abilities.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other office productivity tools.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, multi-task, pay attention to details, follow through and work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- Ambition and drive to be part of a rapidly-growing, high-performing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study with an exceptionally strong academic track record.
About C5 Capital:
C5 Capital is a global specialist venture investment firm with dual headquarters in Washington, D.C. and London. The firm invests in the secure data ecosystem and the transformation of critical infrastructure with focused investment themes across Cybersecurity, Space, and Energy. C5 Capital is dedicated to nurturing a secure digital future with an investment strategy that is based on building long-term relationships with innovative companies that share in our mission.