Fly is a specialized venture fund for technical founders solving hard problems. We invest from day-zero to seed and back founders from all over Europe.
We are looking for an Associate to join our investment team. This is a remote position, yet we believe it is best for you to spend a considerable amount of time with our team in Berlin during your first 12 months.
We believe in an open and cooperative environment where you will engage in a variety of projects and perspectives. From day one you will be embedded in the center of our small team of Partners and will work directly with each. This role will offer a steep learning curve and significant exposure to the venture and entrepreneurial ecosystem. Your responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
- Deal sourcing: You will screen and identify cutting edge technologies (check our portfolio), review a large number of leads, identify the most promising ones and make sure to process efficiently so Fly can win deals
- Deal assessment: You will carry out market and company due diligence on investment opportunities. For this, you will engage with founders, perform independent research and collaborate with industry experts
We are looking for people with the following background:
- A good understanding of and passion for deep tech and B2B software, web technologies and internet services. You should not have to look up terms surrounding basic algorithms, cloud infrastructure or DevOps
- Things like The $10m engineering problem, Reimagining an autonomous vehicle and Hacker News likely excite you
- Typically this means you have a CS degree or several years of experience in software development, data science, et al. — but none of these are mandatory
- You have a genuine interest in assessing markets
- In the past you have been described as very driven and can “get things done”
- You can clearly articulate thoughts and opinions both in written and spoken form
- We believe this position is most suitable for people with 1 to 3 years of prior full-time work experience
- Native (or close to) English language skills both written and oral
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an email with your LinkedIn profile and 2–3 bullets on why you to email@example.com (no formal cover letter required). If applicable, add a collection of links that best characterize your online presence.