Neva SGR is the Venture Capital Arm of Intesa Sanpaolo Group. Our aim is to boost the Italian economy through new global technologies and to be market maker of the VC asset class of venture capital in Italy.
We are stage agnostic: we invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the lifescience, cleantech, agrifood, cybersecurity, aerospace and fintech areas. Our goal is investing in the most impactful entrepreneurs who are building the future ecosystems and delivering an outstanding financial return to our LPs. Neva has Euro 250 mln of asset under management and aims to manage Euro 1BLN in the next few years. expebcib
Neva SGR is seeking to recruit a Venture Capital Associate focus on the UK and the USA markets to join the team. The successful candidate will work closely with the managing partner in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, sourcing investment opportunities, and due diligence. The successful candidate will be smart, outgoing, self-starter willing to proactively find and attract the best investment opportunities globally. They will also need to have analytical capabilities for due diligence and deal execution. In addition to deal sourcing and execution, the Associate will also be expected to deliver value to our portfolio companies and limited partners.
- Research: Identify key investment themes utilizing top-down and bottom-up approaches. Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments
- Deal sourcing: Establish new and enhance existing relationships with founders/CEOs and industry experts
- Deal execution: Prepare investment memos and present thoughtful and rigorous analysis to Investment Committee and work with lawyers on the documentations to close deals
- Portfolio company management: Share strategic insights and competitive analysis, introduce customers and investors to company for next round of financing, attend board meetings, and write portfolio company report including valuation analysis
3+ years in Venture Capital
- Extensive contacts in the private equity, venture capital and/or financial intermediaries'
- Strong analytical capabilities, financial modeling proficiency, excellent written and oral communication skills, a willingness to be proactive in contacting people and learning about new developments
- Bachelor's Degree and MBA from a top-tier institution
- Technical mindset and a demonstrated passion for figuring out how things work
- Team player who can work with a board range of groups and personalities
- Extremely detail-oriented; accuracy, thoroughness, and process-oriented must be high priorities