Creandum is Europe's most successful early-stage Venture Capital fund, supporting startup entrepreneurs around the world. With our offices in Stockholm, San Francisco and Berlin, we back the companies of tomorrow. We are driven by our belief that any industry can be disrupted by the right entrepreneur, and aim to find the most ambitious ones out there. Creandum has backed 100+ companies around the globe including Spotify, iZettle, Kry, Trade Republic, Taxfix and Klarna.
Your role within the firm
We are looking for an exceptional Associate for our Stockholm office.
As an Associate you will be part of Creandum’s global investment team and ensure the successful execution of due diligence processes across Europe and the US. You will empower our senior leadership and the global investment team through your detailed analysis of business plans, markets and competitive landscapes, and thereby help us to be fast on deals without overlooking any details. You will be a crucial part of the whole deal journey - from the first meeting through closing - and ensure that our service level toward entrepreneurs is exceptional.
We are a small, fast and ambitious team and want you to feel as an important part of that.
- Independently handle crucial parts of various simultaneous work streams, and contribute to the decision making process
- Analyse business plans, markets, industries, and technology trends, enabling the results to help Creandum win the most competitive deals
- Manage prioritisation of communication and process elements on behalf of the senior investment team members - which both includes internal processes as well as engagements with founders, CEOs and other stakeholders of the ecosystem
- Build up a fantastic network within the tech ecosystem in Europe and beyond
- Get to work across 3 different offices and spend time in each of them should you want to
- Learn how to analyse companies and which bets to take from some of the best investors in the world
- Be part of a thriving, global and fun team, which will support you to grow professionally
Our Associate Program follows a 2 1/2 year plan. After completion our ambition is for you to continue to pursue your career within our ecosystem, perhaps as an executive at a portfolio company, by starting your own company, or by continuing in venture capital. We offer full support in this process, with the goal to keep you in the #creandumfamily.
What we are looking for
- Personality: The ideal person for this job is proactive, outgoing, self-motivated, and most importantly, fun to work with. You should distinguish yourself from others through your eagerness to learn and ability to integrate easily in new settings.
- Analytical: "Zero defect" is your motto. You will analyse businesses with an incredible eye for detail and outstanding analytical skills as well as a holistic business understanding.
- Communication: Given the dynamic nature of our operations, we are looking for somebody who keeps cool under pressure and maintains confidence when interacting with stakeholders of all levels - internally and externally. We are looking for someone that shines through professionalism.
- Mindset: You will be part of a fast-paced environment, which is why extreme ownership of topics and exceptional organisational abilities are key for your success. You should have a service mentality, and make sure we treat entrepreneurs with the utmost respect but running a smooth process.
- Proficient English in a business context, both spoken and written, and ideally in a Nordic language
- A degree from a top-tier university
- Maximum of three years of full time work experience, and a minimum of several high calibre internships
We will review applications as they come in and get back to you in case we'll proceed with your application.